Most damaging class to berserk?

#1TCrinaleTPosted 8/30/2012 1:18:18 AM
Obviously assuming we do not use trango towers and/or seitengrates. I know in a weak game the most damaging class to cast berserk on is probably the machinist since guns have fixed damage and level does not matter.

But assuming you have everyone at level 99, what's the most damaging weapon combined with what? I was thinking a monk with berserk + gengi gloves + wyrmhero blade must be awsome...then again, there are so many ultimate weapons in this game I didn't have time to farm them all, I don't know how good are weapons like Scorpion's Tail F or Hunter's Blade F.

So what's the most brutal weapon paired with berserk?
#2ArchiantagonistPosted 8/30/2012 1:43:45 AM
Masamune + Genji gloves + Berserk = /topic

Hunter with Ninja Swords will be second
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#3stimuzPosted 8/30/2012 1:56:51 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
Masamune + Genji gloves + Berserk = /topic

Hunter with Ninja Swords will be second

I somehow doubt Ninja Swords would beat out Breaker with Genji Gloves.
#4ZekuMusashiPosted 8/30/2012 1:58:03 AM
My vote goes to Samurai (Vaan), with Wyrmhero Blade / Magepower Shishak / White Robes / Steel Gorget, at 1 HP.
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#5ArchiantagonistPosted 8/30/2012 2:52:36 AM(edited)
ZekuMusashi posted...
My vote goes to Samurai (Vaan), with Wyrmhero Blade / Magepower Shishak / White Robes / Steel Gorget, at 1 HP.

While this may be true, Wyrmhero Blade itself means that there's no REAL enemies left to beat.
If we're talking about the damage just for the sake of damage then the answer would still be Samurai

@stimuz

I understand that you like Breaker job but unreliable damage is unreliable.
You may think it doesn't matter too much, but imagine your Breaker doing...say 4-hit combo to Zodiark
who's HP is at critical state (just for the sake of argument) and all four hits doing like 1500-2000...
You think it's impossible?

Sure he can do like 80000 HPs with each hit but it's a conditional damage IMO
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#6TirpitzLuminarePosted 8/30/2012 8:55:39 AM
My vote would be Chuck Norris.
---
Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System Maps-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ifax1j0xcjd77x/FFXII_IZJS_MAPS_1.03.rar
#7stimuzPosted 8/30/2012 8:44:18 PM
Archiantagonist posted...

@stimuz

I understand that you like Breaker job but unreliable damage is unreliable.
You may think it doesn't matter too much, but imagine your Breaker doing...say 4-hit combo to Zodiark
who's HP is at critical state (just for the sake of argument) and all four hits doing like 1500-2000...
You think it's impossible?

Sure he can do like 80000 HPs with each hit but it's a conditional damage IMO

I dunno, I felt like on average my Breaker just did more damage over the course of a fight than my other characters which is why he was core in all my setups. The only thing that caught up was my Uhlan once I got Zodiac Spear which happened VERY late in the game. I guess my Samurai was close though, but I didn't play at critical health due to the annoying babysitting involved.

Samurai at critical health is probably the best legit(non-godmode weapon) berserk target, but I still think Breaker(3/3 swift - doesn't work well with monk/knight) is 2nd. 1st (if 3/3 swift) if you count Trango... but you shouldn't. The main thing is that you can get 2 genji gloves through the hunt club, so why not have the best 2 genji users in one team? Especially when berserk is just auto attacking.