So...just some Welch questions

#1StormTRPosted 6/30/2013 3:00:02 PM
So, I got this game last week, after being unable to find the PSX version (which I used to have back in the day), and I hear about this Welch person you can get as a bonus character and know how to get her. That being said, I'm curious on if she's like a bonus character with no penalty for getting, or if she takes up a spot in your party that would otherwise be reserved for another character, and if she's worth getting for someone who doesn't know anything about who she is.

Admittedly, I'm a bit rusty, but I know you can only have 8 characters in the PSX one (with Claude+Rena counting as 2), that I normally don't get Noel, and some debate on whether your max party size to be able to get Chisato was 6 or 7. I read some stuff in the FAQ here, but I still don't really know anything about who she is, how she plays, if she's worth getting at all (even over characters like Noel and Ernest), etc. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
---
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere."
"Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity."
#2Captain PandaPosted 6/30/2013 4:16:57 PM
Welch does indeed count against your total of eight that can be recruited. She's mostly a joke character, having a goofy fighting style that consists of smacking enemies with a giant hand on a stick. She's a decent fighter, particularly when you control her and use her three-hit combo, but she doesn't really stand out in that regard, and her special attacks are all rather sub-par. On the other hand, she has a fair number of highly amusing Private Actions. If you do take her, it's advisable to take Precis as well, since Welch can learn one of her more useful specials from a PA that those two share (Precis also can learn a move from Ashton, which you may recall from the PSX version, as well, so having all 3 can be neat for that).

You have to play through at least twice to get every character, so I'd give her a shot in at least one go.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Df0yP.jpg
Stay Dangerous, my friends.
#3StormTR(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 5:24:08 PM
All right, thanks for the info.
---
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere."
"Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity."
#4VeghEstherPosted 6/30/2013 7:50:12 PM
I used her and though she sucks most of her KM's aren't really worth using in fact the only reason I took her is to use her for 1 of my 4x Bloody Armored PC's to beat every super boss in game and not risk taking 9999 from its attacks.