Star Ocean changed my view about action rpgs

#1docman864Posted 7/7/2013 12:53:17 PM(edited)
back then I was not really into it, but I guess what really touched me was the "charm" of the game rather than the fact that it was an "action" rpg. one of the things I liked about the game is the art, but I was always into the anime rpg stuff anyways. I guess what makes the art of Star Ocean 2nd Story special is that the artist was doing hentai stuff before or after the game. Star Ocean was a really interesting game and i got into the Tales series because of it.

How did it change my view you say? well, i used to think action and rpg don't go together.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2Aussie2BPosted 7/9/2013 10:01:23 PM
Yeah, Minato Koio has an interesting art style. Wasn't sure if I liked the SO2 art at first, but it grew on me. It still cracks me up that he did his own SO2 hentai doujinshi. It's almost as if there's "official" hentai of the game. :P

You'd be surprised how many character designers do hentai, though. It's not that uncommon. There's the very famous Satoshi Urushihara, of course, who's been doing the art for big series like Langrisser and Growlanser, and even looking just within the realm of tri-Ace games, Valkyrie Profile 2's Shunya Yamashita has done a lot of hentai/ecchi stuff.

Getting back to SO2, it's a shame that the new art for Second Evolution is so lame. It's got nothing on Koio's work.
---
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"