Green Upgrade/Hyper Launcher review.

#1VandorLeePosted 8/13/2013 12:12:50 PM
I got Opera to lvl100 and used goddesses arrival. It worked while orchestra didnt seem to do the trick. It didnt take long after getting to lvl100 and using goddesses arrival. Be sure to make 6 items per song and i didnt reload, i just kept buying kits and making.

Hyper launcher review: Making it MIGHT not be worth it but if you got it USE IT. In random encounters its much better than Tracking plasma, The fighters run in, the enemies generally go towards them to attack making them group up and thats when opera usually uses this from a safe distance behind.

It makes this huge laser beam that does steady damage to anything within the HUGE beam, This has a great effect of leaving enemies just locked in this damage field/wave for the fighters to really go to town.

During a boss fight, its pretty similar to the tracking plasma. If the boss is highly mobile then tracking plasma is MUCH better though.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2VeghEstherPosted 8/13/2013 7:28:18 PM
IF you can make it I never could and rarely could succeed just to learn Healing Star even with a level 10 Machinery + Orchestra/Hail the Goddess also at level 10.

Precis is the same way that's why I never have both join.
#3KurtaynPosted 8/14/2013 3:53:21 PM
Let's take a look at the move's pros and cons.

Pros:
-Opera's most damaging Special Art. IIRC this move deals around 11 hits at a reasonable 3000 or so damage per hit at max proficiency to EVERYTHING caught within the beam.
-HUGE frontal area of effect (AoE).
-Great keepaway and lockdown move, blocked or otherwise.
-Decent chance of critical hits and dazing opponents due to number of quick successive hits.
-The windup is decently fast.
-Recovery is negligible as well, making it hard to punish Opera while and after she performs the move.
-Opera doesn't freeze in place when the opponent blocks the move.
-AI prioritizes this move, but only on grounded enemies.

Cons:
-Acquisition of the move depends on real-life luck (which Vegh has little of, poor guy).
-Deceptively low vertical and side-to-side range.
-The damage from this move will still fall behind other heavy hitters like Claude, Ashton, Chisato, Bowman. Heck, I can even see Precis and Dias (and maybe Ernest) do more damage per second than Opera due to their more powerful weapons.
-High MP cost.
-Pushes opponents pretty far. This could be annoying when your other characters are also attacking the opponent.
-AI will NOT use this move on airborne/hovering opponents.

IMO, Tracking Plasma is better overall, simply because the AI will use the move no matter what, on top of its homing qualities. VERY useful against the top 3 baddies. If you're not putting Healing Star to that other shoulder button, then Hyper Launcher is definitely the best move you can assign to it. I personally choose Hyper Launcher and Healing Star for her during my playthroughs, and let Precis handle locking down those aerial opponents with Robbie Tossin'. What, it's Shinku f***ing Hadouken out of a gun~
:3

VeghEsther posted...
IF you can make it I never could and rarely could succeed just to learn Healing Star even with a level 10 Machinery + Orchestra/Hail the Goddess also at level 10.

Precis is the same way that's why I never have both join.

That is beside the effin' point, sweetheart~
---
http://archivethumb3.foolz.us/board/a/img/0613/77/1329220740332.gif
Dissidia 012 Combo Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/kidrm19/videos
#4VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 5:50:17 PM
On single opponents like bosses tracking seems way better while on random encounters hyper seems better.

I switch them based on the situation and what needs proficiency. If they are ever both maxed then obviously I switch hyper with tracking before bosses.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#5ClaudeLv250Posted 8/31/2013 6:54:03 PM
I as going to say "you can just equip both of them" but then I remembered that you'd probably have a heart attack if you didn't have your holy star + bloody armor combo.
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.