2 Atlas Rings + Shield of Althena...

#1VandorLeePosted 8/15/2013 10:39:14 AM
Would you take normal damage from elemental spells or half with this set up?
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2BlueReckoningPosted 8/15/2013 11:12:18 AM(edited)
Why equip two atlas rings on one character? One should be enough.

And to answer your question. I don't know. I would assume the Atlas rings would stack and you'd take double damage from elemental attacks.
---
"North Dakota doesn't exist, much like Sonic restaurants. I hear people talking about them but I've never seen any."
-- sfcalimari
#3VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:22:35 AM
In the case of you wanting to stack 2 for damage while using a marvel sword for its 100% accuracy.
---
#4VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:25:37 AM
And/or would using one Atlas ring + berserker ring+ althena shield negate the elemental weakeness? Would you take 50%, 100% or 200% elemental damage?
---
#5VeghEstherPosted 8/15/2013 2:57:56 PM(edited)
Its impossible to negate all elemental damage at once by absorbing it, however for the PS1 game 2nd Story the Marvel Sword is +100 hit so attacks can still be blocked on Universe and 2x Atlas Rings will boost your attack power 4 times.

So if you have like 2000 ATP/Str 2x Atlas Rings would boost the stat to like 6000 to 8000.

But 2nd Evolution counts equipping 2 Atlas Rings as if you only equipped one of them so to do the same 9999 per fight command both the Atlas Ring and Beserk Ring have to be equipped.

But at the same time even with zero Atlas Rings equipped as soon as the final boss uses Earthquake PS1 version/Stone rain PSP version and the limiter is off I had to do 9999 damage to all party members even with Althena Shields + Neo Greaves + Archangels Armbands (dropped by Iselia queen) all equipped on Claude/Dias and didn't lower the 9999 damage by a single HP.

Despite all those equips reducing earth damage.

But I had all the best spells against me always do 9999 damage even with the Althena Shield + Reflect armor both equipped.
#6VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:09:17 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Its impossible to negate all elemental damage at once by absorbing it, however for the PS1 game 2nd Story the Marvel Sword is +100 hit so attacks can still be blocked on Universe and 2x Atlas Rings will boost your attack power 4 times.

So if you have like 2000 ATP/Str 2x Atlas Rings would boost the stat to like 6000 to 8000.

But 2nd Evolution counts equipping 2 Atlas Rings as if you only equipped one of them so to do the same 9999 per fight command both the Atlas Ring and Beserk Ring have to be equipped.

But at the same time even with zero Atlas Rings equipped as soon as the final boss uses Earthquake PS1 version/Stone rain PSP version and the limiter is off I had to do 9999 damage to all party members even with Althena Shields + Neo Greaves + Archangels Armbands (dropped by Iselia queen) all equipped on Claude/Dias and didn't lower the 9999 damage by a single HP.

Despite all those equips reducing earth damage.

But I had all the best spells against me always do 9999 damage even with the Althena Shield + Reflect armor both equipped.

I shall see for myself if this is right....
---
#7XRhinehartXPosted 8/17/2013 12:13:24 AM
One Atlus Ring and one Berserk Ring is all you need for most of the game. If you want to negate the elemental weakness, then the Shield of Althena is the way to go.

But when you're ready to fight Indalecio Unlimited, go Shield of Althena, Angel Armband and Slayer's Ring. I recommend the Holy Sword Farwell for that battle, too.
#8VeghEstherPosted 8/17/2013 7:57:23 AM
I had to use bloody armors for limiter off final boss over 50% of the time I had him open with a 9999 to all stone rain (earthquake PS1 version) and never had guts kick in at all even with the stat at 255%.

With the limiter on the above spell only does a max of 6000 even with the Atlas rings not used.
#9VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 8:26:12 AM
VeghEsther posted...
I had to use bloody armors for limiter off final boss over 50% of the time I had him open with a 9999 to all stone rain (earthquake PS1 version) and never had guts kick in at all even with the stat at 255%.

With the limiter on the above spell only does a max of 6000 even with the Atlas rings not used.

If youd ever equip Claude the Energy Sword, then guts would activate 100% of the time.

Yes, ive done this hundreds of times and can confirm it.

Or if you would ever use Gabriel on your team, you wouldnt have to bother with Bloody armors.
---
#10VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 8:30:48 AM
XRhinehartX posted...
One Atlus Ring and one Berserk Ring is all you need for most of the game. If you want to negate the elemental weakness, then the Shield of Althena is the way to go.

But when you're ready to fight Indalecio Unlimited, go Shield of Althena, Angel Armband and Slayer's Ring. I recommend the Holy Sword Farwell for that battle, too.

I really prefer using km's over star spray but well see how bad he destroys me first..
---