Gonna give this game another go, had a couple questions about Galaxy/universe

#1KGTriggerPosted 8/20/2013 8:03:56 PM(edited)
I understand that they both increase the stats of enemies, but does Galaxy only increase the amount of hp they have, whereas universe mode increases several stats? And will sufficient leveling ease the difficulty of Universe mode, or will crafting be almost necessary in making my life easier? I've actually never bothered with crafting but would really like to give it more attention this time around.

Just how frustrating is Universe mode compared to Galaxy? I do enjoy a challenge, but I don't want the frustration to outweigh the fun.

EDIT: Just want to add a few things, I've not done much, if any, of the optional content in this game. I would really like to do it all this time around though, so just how frustrating (or fun) are the bosses on Galaxy and Universe mode?

Keep in mind that I mean achieving all of this WITHOUT resorting to "cheap" methods.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben
#2VeghEstherPosted 8/21/2013 7:12:46 AM
So hard I still had to use "cheap" methods to beat them on all 3 its just that while I didn't need the never have hits be blocked at all Marvel Sword to equip on Claude/Dias for earth mode I HAD to equip it for Universe else I had my physical hits/KM be blocked easly 100% of the time without it.

Chisato also can equip a hits never miss weapon but it sucks because of the drain 2 MP per hit so Tear Gas would drain a max of 68 more MP in addition to the original 64 MP cost it uses.

its all stats that get boosted on Galaxy/Universe mode max MP is really the only exception a +10,000 MP boss gets only 999 MP but that still doesn't make limiter off final boss easier to kill since he's only easier to kill when he has no MP left.
#3VandorLeePosted 8/21/2013 10:58:02 AM
Essentially, its just a boost in stats, therefore, youll just need to level up more to essentially counter the stats and difficulty completely.

I mean omg, they kill you instantly unless you use bloody armor.

I had to use bloody armor because i suck so im going to let everyone know for over a decade.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#4VeghEstherPosted 8/21/2013 11:59:59 AM
Well for limiter off final boss I never survived earthquake/stone rain on all 3 difficulty levels at ANY exp level including max level.

But at the same time I never had Rena at level 2 or higher at the start of Universe mode I wanted Dias to join and he only joins on a Rena file its just that as Rena everything will kill her off in 1 hit while trying to level her solo.

Claude has the easier time leveling at the start of Universe mode the Phase Gun 1 shots everything when it doesn't get blocked that is.
#5KGTrigger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 1:06:59 PM
VandorLee posted...
Essentially, its just a boost in stats, therefore, youll just need to level up more to essentially counter the stats and difficulty completely.

I had to use bloody armor because i suck so im going to let everyone know for over a decade.

So it's not too terribly/unbearably difficuly? How often do attacks get blocked on Universe mode?
---
#6VandorLeePosted 8/21/2013 2:25:27 PM
KGTrigger posted...
VandorLee posted...

So it's not too terribly/unbearably difficuly? How often do attacks get blocked on Universe mode?

Well, i do level a lot. Again, its based on stats so to hit youll simply need to level and get hit/accuracy to the point of always hitting.

If you get marvel sword/eternal sphere/battle suits then you wont notice any difference at the beginning. And if you get to around 100 for the last dungeon then you should have no issues at all there either.
---
#7KGTrigger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 2:39:06 PM
Sweet, I love leveling up so that's good to know. Star Ocean is probably my favorite game to level up in because of all the stats and skills you can boost.
---
#8VeghEstherPosted 8/21/2013 3:28:17 PM
For me without 100% accuracy weapons I had physical hits/KM's get blocked practically 100% of the time I but for the bonus dungeon levels really won't matter I had the Live Flayers missiles do 9999 per hit on earth mode at any level and never had guts kick in at all (even with it at 255%).

While having the Mithril Eaters only move on earth mode do 7000 + damage on Universe mode the same only move can and will do 9999 resulting in game overs when guts never kicks in.

Eternal Sphere is only +70 hit so it can still be blocked the Marvel Sword can't be blocked as long as your playing 2nd Evolution on the PS1 version the Marvel Sword is only +100 hit and is blockable.

But because of the +1100 Str/Attack power the Marvel Sword had Beserk Ring + Ring of Might (Atlas ring will be required) and Str below 3000 and Iselia Queen on Universe won't lose any HP.
#9VandorLeePosted 8/21/2013 6:12:02 PM
Vegh sucks really bad and hes exaggerating.

If you want easy very early levels then go to langus mountains and reload until fight the enemies that only drain mp. Youll level fast.

As rena, avoid all enemies in salva mines until the boss, take control of claude and try to get the boss to strike and dodge. I used a revive on claude, this is the only time where universe is really hard compared to normal.

Again, if you get the marvel/eternal sphere/battle suits its smooth sailing from there....
---
#10KGTrigger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 6:29:14 PM
VandorLee posted...
Vegh sucks really bad and hes exaggerating.

If you want easy very early levels then go to langus mountains and reload until fight the enemies that only drain mp. Youll level fast.

As rena, avoid all enemies in salva mines until the boss, take control of claude and try to get the boss to strike and dodge. I used a revive on claude, this is the only time where universe is really hard compared to normal.

Again, if you get the marvel/eternal sphere/battle suits its smooth sailing from there....

I probably won't get those very early, especially the battle suits since that requires pickpocketing, right? I want to play as Claude and have Rena as my waifu.
---