Couple of questions (Party, Grinding, Pickpocket)

#1FlamingDazzPosted 9/24/2013 8:05:27 AM
Hi guys! I've just finished First Departure, and i've played SO2 in my PSX 'round 10 years ago. The thing is i've a couple of questions, hope you can help me out here ^^

First: My party right now consist of Claude, Precis, Ashton, and Rena. I already have Leon, but i don't know where to put him, or if my party's good as it is. I also wonder about Chisato, because when i played this game, i didn't pay enough attention to the latter characters. BTW I'm doing a Claude game.

Second: Where can i do some grind here? I know that the Silver Trumpet is only available in the bonus dungeon, so... where do i go?

Third: Pickpocket. I've just recently knew about the box in Marze/Mars. I've the GREAT luck of having Claude with Nimblefingers and Rena too so... Where can i get these Thieves Gloves, and which is a good level to have for stealing that olde' box from the olde' man?

Thanks a lot for any info, and thank you deeply in advance for any info ^^
---
" We don't do anything illegal, we do 'run-ins' "
PSN: Kazuma Dojima - Friend Code: 3483 - 0419 - 3132
#2VeghEstherPosted 9/24/2013 9:01:41 AM(edited)
As long as the stealing skill is at level 5 that stolen chest is easily stolen in fact I stole it before Celine first joins on the way to Cross Cave got the Marvel Sword out of the chest then went to the Lasguss Mountains and hit levels over 40 for Claude and Rena.

But I ditched all mages that aren't Rena but I also ditched Rena as well since a 999 Healing Star Opera makes all of Rena's healing spells obsolete and best weapons + Ring of Might + Beserk rings makes Rena's increase Str spell useless.

But I only used Claude Opera Chisato + (Dias on a Rena) game as my 4th and Bowman as my 4th on a Claude game everybody else I didn't bother to use in battle or have join in the first place save for Ernest and I only had him join to steal the 2 battle suits.

As for the gloves to steal 40,000 vol at Harlie (the town directly east of Mars) simply have a PC take the Purity skill master it at level 10 and you will gain a instant and free 100,000 of it to spend.

Pre level 38 Lasguss Mountains is still be best place to level up party members even if you only do it with 2 pc's at at time.
#3FlamingDazz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:43:47 AM(edited)
I was hoping you were the one answering Vegh!

I know that Opera's healing spell is awesome, the thing is i went with Ashton instead, and in my Rena walkthrough i'll get Opera and Ernest.

Is my party good? I absolutely love Precis, didn't know she was so damn good ! And which are the best attacks for Ashton? I'm using Vanishing Swords and Twin something xD

And what about Chisato?

I've already got the box, trying to get DAT SWORD. xD

I'm level 44 at the moment, just came back from Hoffman Ruins.
---
#4VeghEstherPosted 9/24/2013 9:29:32 AM(edited)
My best party is 4x bloody armor users so I had to use Opera and Precis can't equip it.

But for Ashton Hurricane Slash for now the rest of his KM's aren't as good and Tri Ace floor 10 bonus dungeon has him act more like a mage then a fighter though it does hit all targets at once.

At level 39 just fight the Flare Lizards on the same contient as Linga for exp levels (they do show up in the Hoffman Ruins) and Id rather let Chisato be my final pc over having Noel join.

Yes sometimes I could get the Marvel Sword right away or have to reset +20 times but if your at the Hoffman ruins its possible to equip the Eternal Sphere as Claude's best weapon the Marvel Sword is only good if you get it at the start of the game not later.

Level 39's a little low I had Claude and Rena at level 50 as soon as the tournament of arms is over (And made) the Eternal Sphere then.
#5FlamingDazz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:45:21 AM
How do i get the Eternal Sphere? =O

And thanks a lot for the quick replies! ^^
---
#6VeghEstherPosted 9/24/2013 9:51:02 AM(edited)
Eternal Sphere may be too late to get it after winning the tournment of arms you must talk to Gamgee (the NPC that gave Dias his sword) and customize the sword Gamgee gives Claude with a mithril to get the Minus sword then customize the Minus sword with a 2nd Mithril for the Eternal Sphere.

Its just that the base weapon to customize it must be gotten after the tornament is over but before the dungeon/cave South of Linga is completed.

If its too late stick with the Marvel Sword for Claude for the entire game instead and btw the stolen chest may randomly give out a +750 Attack/Str weapon for Ashton as well.
#7FlamingDazz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:14:14 AM
It gave me a Force Sword, should i keep it?
---
#8FlamingDazz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 11:42:41 AM
VeghEsther posted...
Eternal Sphere may be too late to get it after winning the tournment of arms you must talk to Gamgee (the NPC that gave Dias his sword) and customize the sword Gamgee gives Claude with a mithril to get the Minus sword then customize the Minus sword with a 2nd Mithril for the Eternal Sphere.

Its just that the base weapon to customize it must be gotten after the tornament is over but before the dungeon/cave South of Linga is completed.

If its too late stick with the Marvel Sword for Claude for the entire game instead and btw the stolen chest may randomly give out a +750 Attack/Str weapon for Ashton as well.

By the way, how do i get the so-called Bloody Armors?
---
#9VeghEstherPosted 9/24/2013 12:05:13 PM(edited)
Force Sword sucks the Marvel Sword has +100 hit and 1100 Str/ATP and the Force Sword has less in both stats.

To make the cheap bloody armors take the required skills for customizing weapons + alchemy power up both to level 4 on at least 2 party members to learn Blacksmithing.

Then under the Blacksmithing menu chose the Damascus material's to make the cheap bloody armor but the armor is only cheap if you have a entire party being able to equip it ie a 999 use Healing Star Opera for example while having at least 6000 to 9999 HP on the entire party.

As in the armor contains a permanent HP drain effect at the cost of being immune to all damage its just that not only can't Rena equip it but Precis can't equip it either.

But with Ashton in the party the only way to abuse it is when Noel joins since Noel can equip it its just that Noels version of Fairy Light/Heal restores less HP then when Rena uses the 2 spells.

For Mithrils the only way to make the Eternal Sphere on disc 1 is to level up the radar skill which gives out random items including Mithrils.

Another way for the Bloody Armors is to fight the dark crusader monsters (field of power/courage) on disc 2 and hope they drop them for free.
#10FlamingDazz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 3:09:11 AM
Finally got the Sword of Marvels. Pretty awesome stuff!

Is Chisato useful?
---