Just started playing this.

#1Omegachaos87Posted 12/12/2013 1:54:03 AM
I played the PS1 version already. So I decided to "break the game".

Picked Rena over Claude, because Dias owns way more than Leon (mages suck in this game anyway), and Dias has a good arsenal of special attacks.

Soon as I could I stole a goodie box from the old dude in Mars, took a few reloads with lower pickpocket, but eventually got it. Took about 30 minutes of reloading to finally get a Marvel Sword.

So I head over to the mountains to fighter higher level mobs and get to 38 and get rock blast (ripper blast in the PS1 version), spammed it 200x and maxed it out (I think?). All before even entering Cross Cave.

Ended up leveling Celene up some just to craft some accessories like emerald rings.

Only thing I'm still unsure about is whether to get Chisato or Welsh. I never personally used Chisato, so its not much of a loss for me getting Welsh, and besides bowman is better than Chisato IMO. My final team is going to be Claude/Dias/Bowman/Opera anyway. Bloody armors on all of them eventually.

I'm still unsure the specifics about recruiting Welsh, and have heard too many different things about it. So if my group is Claude/Rena/Bowman/Opera I can still recruit Welsh prior to finishing Hoffman ruins? Or does the quest cut off if I recruit Bowman (finish sanctuary of linga)?
#2VeghEstherPosted 12/13/2013 10:55:11 AM(edited)
I did that too but ditched Celine and my 4x Bloody Armored pc party to break the game is always Claude Dias a 999 Healing Star Opera and Chisato.

In the case of Welch her PA can first trigger after actually finishing the Armory Contest but the PA must be done before the 2 Hoffman ruins bosses are dead and yes you can use Bowman to make her join.

Yes Welch can also equip the Bloody Armor but IMHO she only gets 1 good KM and its only usable at the time the Cave of Trials can be entered though you don't actually learn it that way.

At level 38 Emerald Rings still won't be needed just make the Beserk Ring + Ring of Might (Atlas) ring stick both on the level 38 Claude and watch Ripper Blast do 9999 each.

But at the time Opera joins I "replaced" the Marvel Sword with the Aeterna (Eternal) Sphere for Claude and gave the Marvel Sword to Dias.

I also by level 38 took Claude's Self healing KM (gained at level 20) and had it at the 200 uses when doing that hit level 38+ before entering Cross Cave with Celine as well.

Do note on a Rena game for the must use 2 Pc's to first kill the Phoenix on the bonus dungeons 12 floor I used a Bloody Armor user as 2nd party member (since on a Rena game) Rena must be 1 of the 2 pc's that fights it.

So I used Claude with the Bloody Armor and Marvel Sword equipped to easily beat it.
#3Omegachaos87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 6:01:52 AM
Is there any particular reason you use Chisato over Bowman? I loaded an old save file up from my PS1 save, and Chisato isn't that great in the killer move department. Bowman has poison/explosion pills that do crazy DPS. Or do you use Chisato just for Algol shield cheese?
#4VeghEstherPosted 12/14/2013 10:54:00 AM(edited)
Actually their is Tear Gas her best move will hit for more times then any of Bowmans

That and for this version of the game her crappy drain MP per move Psychic Gun becomes a 100% hit rate weapon.

As in the 4x Bloody Armor method is only foolproof if your physical hits and KM's never get blocked even once.

So my best 4x Bloody Armor party is Opera for healing star and Claude Dias and Chisato for 100% hit rate weapons and yes in this version of the game the Marvel Swords go from +100 hit to a weapon that has the hits never get blocked.

A good example if Claude was fighting the Fun City arena battles without the Marvel Sword but with the Bloody Armor equipped if Dragon Roar/Mirror Slice/Ripper Blast were to get blocked the 5 to 6 second delay before he can move again the bloody armor would have drained all of his HP to zero.

That will never happen if the moves never get blocked.

Even on the PS1 version I had Tear Gas easily do 9999 damage with 2x Atlas Rings equipped however I didn't have poison/explosion pills do the same.

For Self Healing a 999 Secret Medicine for Bowman only tops 2000 per use if Chisato has the Weird Slayer from the bonus dungeon all 6 + Tear Gas hits at 9999 per hit would restore 4999 HP each.

Tear Gas is all she needs to be totally unkillable with the Bloody Armor IMHO Bowman can't easily do the same thing.
#5Omegachaos87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 6:45:47 PM
I didn't have any problems with moves getting blocked on Earth mode. Levels around 125 or so. Marvel Swords aren't really necessary for Earth mode. Dias has the Crimson Devil, which means he doesn't even need a might ring to do 9999 hits, and can use another accessory. Dias isn't gonna get blocked anyway, because hes got the highest dex in the game.
#6VeghEstherPosted 12/16/2013 8:33:37 AM
Well I still had most of the 13 floor bonus dungeon enemies ON earth mode block all my hits more then half of the time Dias included at level 130.

Heck at levels over 100 on earth mode I had the Hell Servant (battle match number 50) block all of Claude's hits and KM's with the Eternal Sphere equipped but because I still had to bloody armor him then I had to use 100% hit rate weapons to not have the armor kill me.

Heck even on my 4x bloody armor Universe run I had to use 100% hit rate weapons because I never could hit the enemies from behind.
#7Omegachaos87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 2:09:48 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Well I still had most of the 13 floor bonus dungeon enemies ON earth mode block all my hits more then half of the time Dias included at level 130.

Heck at levels over 100 on earth mode I had the Hell Servant (battle match number 50) block all of Claude's hits and KM's with the Eternal Sphere equipped but because I still had to bloody armor him then I had to use 100% hit rate weapons to not have the armor kill me.

Heck even on my 4x bloody armor Universe run I had to use 100% hit rate weapons because I never could hit the enemies from behind.

I was level 106 with Dias when I finished the survival mode, and I totally owned the bird thing in match 50 by just spamming air slash repeatedly which does multiple hits (I think 5 hits?) vs flying enemies. And I basically stun locked him until death with air slash. The only remotely challenging fight was vs the star guarder, which required me to get back attacks on, which wasn't difficult with the bunny shoes equipped. I didn't even need the bloody armor. And I had the Crimson Devil sword equipped instead of the Sword of Marvel. I did 9999s without even having a might ring equipped because the Crimson Devil has a x2 damage modifier on it. I used the Berserker Ring + Foot symbol (Which also buffs hit rate). My level 106 Dias didn't get blocked with that setup.

Dias is by far the best character to use to beat survival mode arena, because air slash spamming just freaking owns all the hardest fights and without any risk of you getting hit once. With bunny shoes, you can just kite mobs and spam air slash. I don't think I got hit a single time in survival mode, and cleared all 50 rounds unscathed with Dias.
#8VeghEstherPosted 12/16/2013 6:14:31 PM(edited)
I tried to Air Slash Hell Servant and I couldn't stun lock Hell Servant at all and I had its Master attack even at level 100 to 130 on earth mode drain all 9999 HP in 1 hit.

While never having Guts kick in and without the Marvel Sword I still had Hell Servant still block Dias' Air Slash and most of the time I had the level 99 Funny Thief actually reach Dias when I tried to Air Slash it to death (round 41) and had it kill Dias in 1 hit and that's with the Bunny shoes and Crimson Diablos both equipped.

So to break the entire game which includes all 50 arena fights I will only use a Bloody Armor party member that can self heal.
#9VeryFunTimesPosted 12/17/2013 12:38:54 AM
The Bloody Armor trick is crap, don't do it! F that!
---
Hey
#10VeghEstherPosted 12/17/2013 9:57:06 AM
Well the TC does want to "break the game" 4x Bloody Armor users + a 999 Healing Star while having 3 others do 9999 per hit will do that with the Fairy/Emerald Ring on Opera she won't be running out of MP any time soon.

Else I had every super boss on earth mode always do 9999 per physical hit even at level 255 while never having guts kick in even once (though its at 255%) at max level the games RNG still hates me.

I had the Live Flayers missiles do 9999 damage 100% of the time and never had guts kick in then on earth mode either.