How the hell do i beat Barachiel(3rd boss)?

#1ERYT13Posted 2/13/2010 1:27:55 PM
The thing thats in the spaceship on the planet with Lym, he's so damn cheap
---
Playing on PS3:Star Ocean:The Last Hope,White Knight Chronicles,Dante's Inferno
#2LegoTechnicPosted 2/13/2010 1:34:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3AisienPosted 2/13/2010 1:35:02 PM
He is pain to hit when at airborne, but every once a while he slams onto ground for few seconds, that's when his weak point is exposed and you'll do plenty of more damage. Try to use fire-based attacks on it for extra damage.
#4LegoTechnicPosted 2/13/2010 1:37:56 PM
Barachiel is the 2nd boss. Do you mean Sahariel? He's the third. I'll assume you mean Barachiel.

He will take you quite a few minutes, so be ready to sit down for a long battle.

I used Reimi to kite it, running away and hitting when I could, while generally keeping out of range of its AoE explosions. If you gave her the taunt skill that helps. Heal with Lymle if she's learned the spell.

When it pounds the ground its weak spot appears in its back. Hit it hard and it will resume flying. Some moves, like Reimi's first skill, will pierce through the boss and hit the orb even if she's in front of it. If you have the torch bow use that, as it's weak to fire (Lymle's spells also apply if you want to use Cerberos).

There are actually a lot of threads about this boss on the forum if you want to perform a search.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#5ERYT13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2010 1:43:25 PM
thanks that did the trick, I didn't think his hp was dropping cause it kept saying ????. It's really stupid that the hp bar is even there if it's not gonna say how much he actually has left.
---
Playing on PS3:Star Ocean:The Last Hope,White Knight Chronicles,Dante's Inferno
#6SphereXTRPosted 2/13/2010 3:33:44 PM
No, Barachiel CAN BE considered the third, because Dragon Newt can be considered the second. The boss version of DN seems to have more HP than the regular ones.
---
"To say the game is harder at level 100 is the most ignorant thing I have ever witnessed." -FF8Wizard on Final Fantasy VIII
#7BleachsPosted 2/13/2010 11:11:57 PM
dude its not the boss that is driving me crazy.. its the AI of the other character.. is there like tactic like in SO3 that a character can focus on healing? It's really annoying that I am at 50% and get kill while trying to heal myself with casting animation
---
PSN: Chihane
#8McKnightrider01Posted 2/13/2010 11:20:43 PM
Use Reime the fight becomes so freakishly easy. Her blindside allows her to avoid his ground smash attack 90% of the time plus he is weak to fire and she should have the torch bow. Once you use blindside her bow will do great damage. Reime is the key to this battle. Hope you know how to use her.
#9BleachsPosted 2/13/2010 11:38:26 PM
yea i tried here but she wasn't my best damage guy.. Got the boss on the second try though with Edge.. I grieved him with blind-side side stepped
---
PSN: Chihane
#10BladenytePosted 2/14/2010 12:50:46 AM
is that the boss on aeos's secont visit? the one that reanimated the dead bug queen?

i had a hard time with that one till i figured out how to get its weak spot accessable.. once i did it was easy.

meracle + blindside + claws of fury = something like 20-30 hits for (me at least) 1.1k or higher each
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2