Ultimate Gear Guide!

#51awesomeunoPosted 2/24/2010 2:54:44 AM
God of hellfire is the best armor for edge\arumat\faize, it has 8 synth factors and can cancel out the negatives for both atk and int, hit will have a low negative, but it's nothing tri-emblem synthing on your weapons won't fix!

arguably, the best synth item for armor is the ashlay bernbeldt jewel. even though it doesn't give as high of stats for most as the tri-emblem, it is much easier to get ahold of, and it has a higher defense rating. almost necessary for the higher difficulties.
---
PHD in Awesomeness
"I mean, could you imagine the smell and the clean up if one of those Adamantoise took a dump near a TOWN?"- Devilman_Amon
#52GRAVITY-CRUSHERPosted 2/24/2010 3:12:44 AM
hey guys dont forget to look up how to get 100% resist on all of the elements on the 360 board as 100% makes u immune to damage and stagger from spells.
#53vXKayXvPosted 2/24/2010 9:14:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54atom_06Posted 2/24/2010 9:14:30 AM

awesomeuno posted...
just some things to clear up.
1. Universal armor for edgearumatfaize AFTER tri-emblem synthing is a way better armor than your laser armor set-up
2. same applies to meracle and reimi for the absolute protector.
3. Tri-emblems are not the best synth item for armor. The best that I have found is synthing 2 god of Hellfire armors and 1 tri-emblem, and then repeating for as many factor slots the armor has available. this is because armor to armor synthesis has a 5% transfer rate
4. The best weapon factors are subjective. with tri-emblem synthing on all pieces of equipment, most characters will have max atk. save arumat.
5. the best weapon for the characters are as follows. (and yes I did the math behind the tri-emblem synthing)
edge-imperial sword
reimi-mediumistic bow
bacchus- symbol cannon "tempest"
meracle- hidden claws "crimson falcons"
arumat- laser weapon (needs one +5% aidhg) factor to max out attack)
sarah- trident harpoon
myuria- wizard's staff
lymle and faize- laser weapon.
-
PHD in Awesomeness
"I mean, could you imagine the smell and the clean up if one of those Adamantoise took a dump near a TOWN?"- Devilman_Amon

how do you get some of the weapons here?thus far i've only attained the laser weapon,but i still don't even know how to duplicate it

#55vXKayXvPosted 2/24/2010 9:14:57 AM
Bump

Could we just ask for sticky?Much easier so we don't need to bump or using the search function.
---
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/77/avatar3629.gif
#56Lutzy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2010 10:32:34 AM
To duplicate the laser weapon (if you do get it, don't add factors to it yet... If you already have, you can get more, but it's a very lucky drop from chests inside the WD)

Floor 7 of the seven stars dungeon, you will get access to the Duplication skill for Arumat, this will let you duplicate most items using magical clay. Laser weapon and laser suit both cost 11 clay to duplicate.

Again, you can get plenty of clay on the first floor of the seven stars dungeon by stealing from the skeletons.
#57awesomeunoPosted 2/24/2010 2:05:56 PM
edge, reimi, and bacchus attain their ultimate weapons through item creation, but they need philosopher's stones which can only be found in the WD.

meracle and sarah can find their 2 weapons that I mentioned in rare chests in the wandering dungeon.
---
PHD in Awesomeness
#58awesomeunoPosted 2/24/2010 2:13:07 PM
oh, and due to lack of sleep, I misread a lot of stuff with my GoH synthing. it is not the best synthesis for armor. It is however, THE BEST ARMOR for edge\arumat\faize, even though it has negative stats, it has 8 synth slots and they can be overcome with tri-emblem synthing.

The best synth item for armor is arguably the Ashlay jewel, while it does not have as high of attack, and it has a negative INT rating, it gives better defense, at 23 higher defense a pop compared to a tri-emblem. Use it for all characters ultimate armor, except for the God of Hellfire.
---
PHD in Awesomeness
#59TheDefenestratrPosted 2/25/2010 3:34:45 AM
If you're equipping the "super tri-emblum" per synthesis guides, don't you already have the "Immunity to Paralysis" effect on that? Having it on your neck piece as well seems redundant.

Unless I'm understanding it incorrectly, the "super tri-emblum" is created by synthing a +20 resist cloak (or whatever you may use) to the real tri-emblems (giving you +10), and then synthing 4 of these "resistance" tri-emblems (giving +5 resist each) and 4 regular tri-emblems to the blank tri-emblum.

Assuming you didn't do anything else to the tri-emblum, I'm pretty sure the factors on it should be...

+2 HIT (the factor inherent on the tri-emblum)
Rush Gauge Charge Rate +3 (the first factor on the real tri-emblem)
Grants Immunity to Paralysis (the second factor on the real tri-emblem)
MP Cost -15% in Battle (the third factor on the real tri-emblem)

Am I missing something?
#60awesomeunoPosted 2/25/2010 4:24:04 AM
no, you've got it right
---
PHD in Awesomeness
"If you believe that god makes miracles, then you have to wonder if satan has a few up his sleeve." - Dexter Morgan