Sarah zoology drops

#1HappygogoPosted 8/25/2010 7:18:08 AM
Are Lizard Tyrants in the Wandering Dungeon the best way to get Sarah's 255 zoology drops? I've read that the little tigers in the Lemuris area are supposed to be good for saber tooth fang drops, but I can't find a good spot to fight two or more of them.
#2someddrnoobPosted 8/25/2010 7:21:11 AM
You're better off fighting the Saber-Toothed Tigers anyways even if you don't get into an ambush with them, their drop rate is that good for Zoology.

I didn't bother using Lizard Tyrants anyways.
---
http://www.fftogether.com/forum
Star Ocean The Last Hope International: Trophies left until Platinum: Arms Addict, World's BIggest Welch Fan, Chaotic Conqueror
#3Happygogo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2010 10:15:39 AM
Do you remember where exactly you farmed the tigers?
#4Robertn__07Posted 8/25/2010 10:29:35 AM

Also, if you need her 999 animal kills the tigers are good too, because Sarah will take forever to kill the tyrants...

#5someddrnoobPosted 8/25/2010 10:58:46 AM
There's only two places for those tigers: Celestial Ship, inside and outside. Inside is better.
---
http://www.fftogether.com/forum
Star Ocean The Last Hope International: Trophies left until Platinum: Arms Addict, World's BIggest Welch Fan, Chaotic Conqueror
#6C1REXPosted 8/28/2010 1:26:10 AM
Kobolds on Roak are better. They usually appear with tigers so you have two different zoology items to collect.
It took me around 2 hours to get from 0 to 255.
---
I'm sorry for language mistakes. English is not my native language.
Please, feel free to correct my grammar.
#7NSGraphitePosted 8/28/2010 8:48:49 AM
Whats the benefit of getting all the trophies? I don't relish the thought of trying to get 999 animal kills with a particular character I don't like playing with. (Sarah is great support, bad for combat)
#8ionenwksPosted 8/30/2010 8:08:15 AM
Kobolds on Roak are better. They usually appear with tigers so you have two different zoology items to collect.
It took me around 2 hours to get from 0 to 255.

I used those as well, the tigers didn't drop stuff all that often, but I'd get a 1-3 kobold drops nearly every fights (and the ology drop is the only thing they CAN drop, which is likely what helps).

I even got 5 ology in 1 fight 3 times.

Sarah is the quickest ology to do I think, I had her kill all the kobolds/tigers, yet my sarah still need more kills to reach 999 animals kills.
#9Sky_ReaperPosted 8/30/2010 8:28:54 AM
The point is to raise the level cap (50% of the character's battle trophies) and his CP cap (100%). Also for completion reasons.
---
Part time diplomat of RavensbaneA game is only as good as the way it's played*Slimstuna
#10Happygogo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 10:32:45 AM
I'll have to give the Kobolds a try. I got discouraged with my Sarah setup on the tigers, as I couldn't bring my INT low enough to get airborne kills with tornado. I figured it would be best to get the 1,000 airborne kills done at the same time.