"Nest of Eagles" battle Help Please!!!

#1StebstarwinPosted 11/23/2008 6:29:26 PM
>.> so i've been trying to accomplish this fight for forever now....I've come near to winning about 3 times out of about 20 attempts. The fight is overwhelming in how 1 sided it is. I've leveled my characters up a ton to try to compete just for this fight but still to no avail. And occasionally i get the option to use David's Gae Bolg but I cant seem to ever get it to pop up when i need it.

Is there some sort of trick in how to win this fight aside from simply killing all of the enemys?

Or if somone has beat it successfully could they maybe shed some pointers on how it was done?
#2sanjyuuichiPosted 11/23/2008 6:33:11 PM
Start by attacking the enemies behind you. Once you have done that just work your way towards the big hammer guy(didn't care to get his name). By the time you start to fight him it should be your unions him and the chick with him. After that just keep hitting them with everything you have while healing when needed.
---
People who stay on a forum for a game they dislike is the equivalent of an unemployed homeless guy telling people to get a job.
#3Stebstarwin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2008 6:35:30 PM
hmm i've tried that before, however after i killed the 2 groups behind me, i usualy go to help out the NPC group. So that could be part of my problem.. So, Does the fight End after i kill both the big guy and the girl? I've killed them seperatly, but never managed to take out both.
#4sanjyuuichiPosted 11/23/2008 6:38:06 PM
The fight lasts until every enemy union is dead I think. I did it after taking out every minor annoyance before fighting the big guy/girl.
---
People who stay on a forum for a game they dislike is the equivalent of an unemployed homeless guy telling people to get a job.
#5Stebstarwin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2008 6:41:36 PM
I see, Alright thanks. >.< seem's i may just need to just level my guys up more. Either that or right now im in a fight where im doing what you said however im leaving the NPC's alone and waiting for the 2nd set of reinforcments to come at me.
#6sanjyuuichiPosted 11/23/2008 6:43:25 PM
The only thing the NPC's do in the fight for you is keep you from getting massive attacked. They only hit around 60 damage per hit on the big guy, and aren't of much help on the little guys.
---
#7NohopelessPosted 11/23/2008 6:43:46 PM
u do realize that leveling up your character especially having the battle rank go up also increases the strength of the enemies right?
#8sanjyuuichiPosted 11/23/2008 6:46:20 PM
You could get lucky like I have, and have your guys grow faster then your battle rank. Making you stronger then the enemies.
---
#9bulmasmanPosted 11/23/2008 7:44:11 PM
I got so lucky with this fight. I was taking out the guys behind me when the hammer guy rushed into the batle and deadlocked with the npc group who held him long enough for me to wipe out all the union's and the woman.

However, hammer guy proceeded to smash the hell out of everyone and in the end Pagus's union was the only one standing, and caught the finishing blow with a Shock IV while in critical hp. At that point i remembered to breathe again lol
#10kazza_kPosted 11/24/2008 6:16:53 AM
I started by taking out the little guys on the top left of the map, then marched south to the reinforcements. All the while the bosses remained on standby. Started on the bosses, got the girl down in 2 turns and had the big guy on flashing red. Then he goes and uses his "Overdrive" and pummelled me to the ground. 3 attacks per deadlock with him. A bit of a 1 sided fight.