Leveling Up

#1ArthaiinPosted 11/26/2008 10:02:52 AM
I've noticed something, a stat can only increase once per battle. You can't increase it twice, so if you're in an area where you get continual upgrades to stats, don't bother doing links. You get more bang for your buck in stat progression if you simply pull em 1 at a time.
---
In the end there's only dust and ash.
#2shadowscape13Posted 11/26/2008 10:33:33 AM
but you dont get them as often when only fighting one enemy. at times i can fight 5 single enemies in a row and get nothing, when i can just link them and get a whole bunch of stats. you get rewarded more for linking. not to mention you get better drops which can lead to more money and better equipment to create/upgrade.
#3ditraPosted 11/26/2008 10:36:51 AM
TC i agree!

At low chains it does not matter but when i was grinding i got up to 700 chains and just by getting in battle by battle. Not only that but it seemed like i had more to kill from one mob then 2 linked together.

I used to get about 3-10 stat increases per one mob battles.
#4SephzinhoPosted 11/26/2008 10:44:04 AM

Rading all this the conclusion is........

If u have a area with 5 mobs, you get more items if you link the 5 together end kill them in one shot but also if u kill the 5 mobs one by one, your battle chain will increase more and you will get more stats.

So kill one bye one to up stats/battle rank AND link mobs to have grater drops...thats it?

#5shadowscape13Posted 11/26/2008 11:01:18 AM
your battle chain goes up by linking monsters as well. the more monsters in your link, the higher the battle chain.
#6ditraPosted 11/26/2008 11:02:48 AM
Your battle chain goes up per monsters you killed. So a stack of 4 when killed will net you 4 more chains.
#7SephzinhoPosted 11/26/2008 11:08:32 AM
I see.
#8Arthaiin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2008 11:08:42 AM
Ok look, let's put it in a better wording.

A) If you have a high battle chain, single battles are best, you get more bang for your buck stat increase wise (less though when it comes to component acquisition).

B) If you have a low battle chain and individual fights don't net you very much stat boosts, as in maybe 1 if any per battle. It's obviously better to chain since the chain increases each time you kill an enemy. Higher links, the larger the chain by the end of the battle. Nuff said.

Now, onto point C) which is what I was getting at, which is not the above 2.

C) If you have a low battle chain and an individual fight nets you a stat boost to 75% of your guys in all your unions, then doing individual battles is better since it will net you more stat bonus. You can only gain a stat once per battle, so if you're almost guaranteed to get a stat boost regardless of link size, going for single enemies is the better option in this case.
---
In the end there's only dust and ash.
#9TheGodScythePosted 11/26/2008 11:12:11 AM
My play testing has shown the best strategy is to combine the methods as such...

First, link monsters to build your battle chain. Don't know if you guys have noticed this, but usually when you fight one single monster, you are up against a single union in battle. However, link two together and you usually are involved against 3 unions. More unions = more individual unit kills = more efficient way to raise battle chain.

Higher battle chain = more likely to gain stats after a battle. My experience... once the battle chain get above 150 or so.. individual fights gain plenty of stats. It is correct that stats can only go up once per battle, so...

At this point, instead of linking all three enemies and gaining say... strength once, fight all three individually and, at a such a high battle chain, you have the possibility of gaining strength three times. Your loot sucks at this point, but you should have gotten plenty of loot during the time you were building you battle chain.

Hope this helps some.
#10SephzinhoPosted 11/26/2008 11:12:29 AM

ditra posted...
TC i agree!

At low chains it does not matter but when i was grinding i got up to 700 chains and just by getting in battle by battle. Not only that but it seemed like i had more to kill from one mob then 2 linked together.

I used to get about 3-10 stat increases per one mob battles.

I dont understoo your point with 1 mob more to kill then 2 linked. Whtas your grinding tip to get batle chain to 700, you link mobs or kill one by one. I generally link 3-4 when i can. Always do that, never kill mobs one by one, i just use time shift and run away from a solo mob