hells gate help....

#1TonguliPosted 12/1/2008 11:54:23 AM
alright so i have 5 unions of 3. Leaders are rush, david, emmy, pagus, torgal, and that stupid cyclops useless tank that does less damage then my weakest character, i have them all in arrow of athlum formation for stat boosts, but what am i doing wrong... this thing has killed me 4 times and i'm just about to smash this game over my kneecap. my strategy is kill all the hypnos and then take him out, he drops my morale to like nothing and every time i surround him to take him out he pwns my a$$ with AOE moves like blue blazing II and Hellfire II, then kills all my guys , and raises them and pwns my a$$.. i have vivification on emmy rush david, and a no namer, and he still kills me... should i level up some more or change my formations? any help would be appreciated im about to give up and sell this pile of junk.
#2djneojapanPosted 12/1/2008 11:57:11 AM
give up and sell it

because later on you face 6 bosses harder than Hell Gate
---
Best youtube vid in history{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdIiEUFtqk}
GT - djneohow
#3Tonguli(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 11:59:13 AM
what is wrong with this game..... like... square-enix really crapped the bed with this one...
#4DevslashxPosted 12/1/2008 11:59:55 AM
Harder bosses that are easy with a good strategy. Wait for the guides to come out or just search some of the millions of topics on it already, search bar at the bottom of the page.
#5NohopelessPosted 12/1/2008 12:02:37 PM
5 unions of 3? no wonder you are getting killed.

most people i saw had only 3 unions or 4 at most. The most you split your union the easier they die because of less HP obviously.

plus why are u using that horrible formation? you should be using formations that help you survive like hawkeye or mystic mountain
#6DevslashxPosted 12/1/2008 12:05:07 PM
The higher amount of units in a union the more damage you take from AoE's which is all Hells gate does, 5 unions could work since you can flank him more that way and cut down on even further damage.
#7EpacalypsePosted 12/1/2008 12:06:07 PM
This has been posted alot on here but I'll tell ya the basic strat again.

You will want to set up all your characters in the least amount of unions as possible to keep your HP's as high as possible. Try going with only 3 unions. aAnd make sure you have 2-3 healers/vivacation herbs/restore PER union. Make sure you have a large supply of consumables for vivacation and herb actions.

When the battle starts, only attack the front two unions in the middle, right in front of the Gates of hell. So he waits and doesnt aggro you before you get a chance to kill the minion unions. Kill off the 4 minion unions first then wait till Cyclops deadlocks the Gates of Hell. Now his normal attacks will always target Cyclops. When your HP's get low fall back and heal before attacking again. If you lose a union and they become charmed you have to pick. " Heal them no matter how much it hurts them." Something like that. That will kill (1 shot) them and revive them and remove the charmed effect.

If you still have a hard time from here, you may want to try raising your Battle Rank a little higher.

Good luck.
---
Sleeping is a waste of time.
GT: EPACALYPSE
#8KalebKilledYouPosted 12/1/2008 12:06:40 PM
i had 3 unions of 4 and the arrow and i killed him easily the key is get rid of the hypnos before you summon cyclopse
#9KalebKilledYouPosted 12/1/2008 12:07:50 PM
that dead lock with hells gate and cyclopse thing doesnt work
#10EpacalypsePosted 12/1/2008 12:28:58 PM
Yeah the deadlock thing works with Cyclops. Just he a boss and he gets multi-deadlock. So when you attack him, he gets to attack you. At end of each round he gets extra attack, but if Cyclops is on him he normally/usually, attacks the Cyclops.
---
Sleeping is a waste of time.
GT: EPACALYPSE