Best Weapon for RUSH???!!!

#1GrayFox021Posted 12/6/2008 12:58:22 PM
I am using Katana which means I cannot use a shield.

I have been upgrading this katana with money and items but is there a better weapon that I could get (which would actually downgrade rush's stat's until I upgraded the new weapon?) ?
Or is the katana the best weapon for rush?

I have been reluctant since his stats will go down with a different weapon

Or would it be better to get a small sword and have a shield?

Any weapon suggestions?

Thanks- Dan
#2S4V10R_XPosted 12/6/2008 1:00:48 PM
best weapon is using 2 swords for rush as they'll do twice the damage and the arts of the 2 swords is also one of the best.

---
Emotions are naught to be tormented, for they can kill a person in more ways than one.
#3S4V10R_XPosted 12/6/2008 1:05:45 PM
large swords, axes and etc have the game best attack but they're slow and their arts took a lot of AP

on my game, rush is equiped with 2 katana swords or 2 axes.
---
Emotions are naught to be tormented, for they can kill a person in more ways than one.
#4DymalosPosted 12/6/2008 1:08:59 PM
Dual wielding two medium katanas is pretty popular because there is a particularly powerful katana that is relatively easy to create early on.

In retrospect I would have gone with 2-handed swords or katanas, if only because it is not very common among other leaders and would have set Rush apart in that respect. Also later on you get some pretty unique and potent 2-handers.

In short, instant gratification - dual wield medium katanas. Build yourself some Dragonflys straight out of the Namura Mines. Patience - use a 2-hander, and wield the Frostblade and or the Nightbloom when you get them later on.
#5DevslashxPosted 12/6/2008 1:10:23 PM
Depends on the stats, i'm using a 2 handed weapon that hits about 25% harder than my dual wield and it's also faster, dual wield is also makes it harder to avoid attacks.
#6PojoTheChickenPosted 12/6/2008 1:12:59 PM
They all have benefits and such.

2handed seems to be a mix of 1h/dual wield in terms of speed/damage
dual wield is slow but strong (thank god for critical hits and how frequently they appear)
1h is fast and you can use powergrip skills as well for damage
1h/shield is defensive+fast

Others can probably explain them better than me here but that's the general gist of things.
#7BastardOwlPosted 12/6/2008 1:17:58 PM
So I just need to buy two MEDIUM katanas for Dual Wield?
#8DevslashxPosted 12/6/2008 1:22:12 PM
When you look at a weapon hit RB and if it shows stats then it can be dual wielded, if not it says it can only be equipped in main hand.
#9DymalosPosted 12/6/2008 1:24:07 PM
Yes. Or any two medium weapons that aren't race specific. Two katanas will eventually unlock a special arte though. But then again so does a 2 handed katana.
#10BastardOwlPosted 12/6/2008 1:26:03 PM
So which is better the Two handed katana or two katanas?
or two swords?