Best Weapon for RUSH???!!!

#11Chaos GrimoirePosted 12/6/2008 1:28:17 PM
The advantage 2H swords have is that they only take the enemies defense into account for 1 hit.

Dual swords factor in enemy defense twice(once for each weapon), so they actually cause slightly less overall damage than 2H swords. So two 70atk swords does not equal a 140atk 2h sword.
#12AirDragonGalePosted 12/6/2008 1:28:49 PM
large swords, axes and etc have the game best attack but they're slow and their arts took a lot of AP

Dual Wielding is slower then Axes and Large swords till you get his speed up and also all weapons use the same skills so AP isn't an issue. (A Large Sword, Axe and Sword can all do Dragon's Flight for one)

Just do you. I use Sword & Axe myself.
---
DDS is Best Playing: TLR Wanting: PoP, P4 Back Log: Persona 2
http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/beelzebub1988.png
#13DevslashxxPosted 12/6/2008 1:29:10 PM
Whichever has the highest stats, 140 ATK on a 2 hander beat dual wield 129/129 for me.
#14BastardOwlPosted 12/6/2008 1:30:33 PM
I guess I will stick with the 2 handed katana.. cause you guys said later on you get some really powerful 2H swords
#15DevslashxxPosted 12/6/2008 1:32:10 PM
The strongest 1 handed sword i've heard off is 39 ATK higher than the strongest 2 hander i've know about.
#16ditraPosted 12/6/2008 1:34:01 PM
Also depends on skills. I hit about 40k-50k with rush with acala's wrath V with 2 auld hawkwinds.

However, using the 2h with 140 atk does not cut it for me since i simply cannot learn the skills fast enough at my battle rank :P 120 :(

However, as for strongest weapon.

2h would be the frostblade artis , and 1h would be nightbloom artis depending on what you can make. Thats the highest ive seen people get. Of course if you get a shielding glaive thats 200 base atk.
#17flatbushPosted 12/6/2008 1:43:40 PM
higher dmg base on atk modifier, no?
skills adds more if its par with the weap too
btw what do u need to unlock dragonfly, im like way in 2disc but nvr seen dragonfly katana on make list, and whats it atk?
---
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/241461.html
#18S4V10R_XPosted 12/6/2008 1:50:19 PM
for the components of dragonflys, u get it in nomura mines or numor mines?

i got my components from numor mines.

---
Emotions are naught to be tormented, for they can kill a person in more ways than one.
#19jfinney66Posted 12/6/2008 1:59:18 PM
Ditra, you do realise BR has nothing to do with learning and leveling skills, to take a skill from 1 to 5 you just have to use it over and over, I level'd all my skills for rush this way in low level areas, if I needed AP to use a skill on the first turn, I hired crap soldiers so I'd be able to get the skill to kick off.

You tend to learn the next skill up the rank at around level 3 of your present rank, this works for all arts btw. I level all the first tier skills that require very little ap usage in the first dungeon,
#20ditraPosted 12/6/2008 2:30:28 PM
I doubt BR has nothing to do with it. You tend to learn skills faster if harder battles or thats how it seems to work for me. Problem is that the unions that can stand the damage i inflict are higher tier monsters and usually battles take a while.

Anyway, problem remains, i have most if not all of my dual wield skills at V with either swift or nimble prefix. To get at that point again with Powergrip will take forever.

And now i am kind of holding out for nightbloom artis since its a good 180ish atk which is more then what i can get with a 2h sword since i gave the frostblade away :( by accident :P