Question about leveling/learning arts?

#1Zidanepwnzu009Posted 1/10/2009 10:36:14 AM
I've looked around, and people recommend fighting single monsters and just using the arts, to not increase their BR at the same time? What exactly does that do? 0.o If you level BR, and arts.

Anyways, the real question, sorry got off a little, if say, Rush's Union uses combat arts, but only one character has a turn and 1HKO's the enemy union, and the battle is over, does that combat arts exp or whatever count for the WHOLE union, or just that single unit?
---
"The black wind begins to blow" -Magus CT
Gamertag: FaytlessHearts
#2AirDragonGalePosted 1/10/2009 10:40:50 AM
Battle Rank is leveled by how well you do in battle so getting in one battle and keep moral high will level it up more and gain better stats then fighting a mini army.

As for you real question, I'd always assume it counts for just that one person and it would be better if you fight stronger monsters if you 1HKOing them.
---
DDS is Best Playing: The Last Remnant, Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia
http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/beelzebub1988.png
#3Zidanepwnzu009(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2009 10:43:40 AM
Ahh, I see. Well in this case, where would be a good place to level my arts and possibly stats for a while? I'm BR39 or 40 on disc two, just finished up the beach area..Just wanna get some better skills to use in battles, tired of seeing the usual Resonance Edge, Spark III, Devils Due, and such. I have to level most of my healing spells as well, as they aren't very effective...
---
#4AirDragonGalePosted 1/10/2009 10:46:47 AM
At that BR I was grinding in The First Path. I heard it was good till BR 70-80ish.
---
#5Zidanepwnzu009(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2009 10:49:17 AM
Ah..Stupid question and totally off topic again, but how do you gain access to that place? Sorry for being annoying, but thanks for giving me all this info. I appreciate it alot =D
---
#6AirDragonGalePosted 1/10/2009 11:35:20 AM
Talk to a qsiti in the Celapaleis guild
---
#7sonicqaz2Posted 1/10/2009 11:38:23 AM
If you're on disc two, you should probably download the key to the Ancient Ruins from Live, and then stay on the first floor of the Ancient Ruins. You will max your stats quickly, and learn a ton of arts. Do not go to the second level with that BR, as I think it might be too difficult for you.
#8SagaraSouskePosted 1/10/2009 12:51:35 PM
For learning skills, by far the best way is to use Rush only and create a huge battle chain. A really good place is the 9 land worm room (last room on 2nd floor) in Ruins of Robelia Castle. I maxed every single leader skill with a 650 chain. All their mystic skill is maxed to level 5 with all 7 in their trees except for wards which only has 5 skill(unsure if there are 6th or 7th). I used mystic skills primary when using Rush. The reserve skill up far faster then Rush active in battle using them since Rush is not even close to maxing any of his trees or skill levels. Combat skills is nearly maxed too from most of my leaders with mighty or nimble enhancement. I would imagine doing another 600+ chain using combat arts only would max all reserver leader combat arts. Only takes about 3-4 hours to do the 650+ chain.
Learning skill by using would take you hundreds of hours to max all you leaders if not more.