How do I get 3 Commanders?

#1NegativeZero812Posted 11/22/2009 12:47:15 PM
Ok so I know pagus and rush can become commanders but who can the third commander be? I believe that Wyngale is the only other option but when you get him his strength is so high that he automatically becomes a Gladiator after your first fight with him.

---
We should let murderers be police officers, child molesters be teachers, rapists be doctors, and Noobs be Vets!!!!1!!1
#2almostexactlyPosted 11/23/2009 1:04:09 PM
Depending on what you gave Jorgen, he could've become a Commander.
But probably too late for that now.
=(
#3NegativeZero812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2009 9:31:37 PM
Jorgen cannot change his class, he is always stuck with whatever he starts with. I think it is impossible to finish that guild quest on the xbox.
---
We should let murderers be police officers, child molesters be teachers, rapists be doctors, and Noobs be Vets!!!!1!!1
#4pprincessPosted 11/24/2009 1:35:38 AM
This Commanders quest is totally do-able on Xbox and not that hard. Regardless of what class Wyngale, Rush and Pagus are they will become a Legendary Commander some time shortly after attaining Band of Champions III. Pagus attains this class earlier in the game because he gets Wards early on. No real work involved other than choosing Wards when the commands come up.

Rush and Wyngale get Wards late in the game. After your BR is no longer a concern, take a solo union headed by Rush or Wyngale to Darken Forest. Use all leaders in the single union. Make sure you have at least 6000 HP for the union. Fight the plant enemies, and only the plants, because you don't want to waste time dealing with poison, self destruct or other status effects the enemies in Darken Forest can lay on you. Aggro pull at least 2 groups of the plants so you have several unions to scroll through until you get a command set that includes Wards for the leader. The rest of the union will just attack. The battles will take long enough that you should get a new level on Wards about every round until Band of Champions when leveling will take longer.

Be patient, it will take the AI a bit to give you the Wards every round because it needs to reset from whatever you were doing before with Wyngale or Rush.

If your party is at least 7000 AP, in the Wandering Ruins, upon entering, go left and you will find a total of 4 groups of plants. Pull all of them into battle which will give you 9 or 10 groups. This battle will last awhile and you will need to heal but that battle will give a lot of upgrades. Works super well if you're trying to get arcana for Warlock class.

One note: if you plan to make Rush or Wyngale a Warlock, do the Legendary Commander first, because you don't want to lose Warlock once you get it which will happen if you go for Commander after attaining Warlock.
#5NegativeZero812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 10:25:42 AM
Wnygale can not become a commander. His starting strength is 67 and he knows so many mystic arts his mystic arts usage is already higher than his item arts usage. Wyngale already satisfies the requirements for Gladiator, so after your very first fight with him he will become a Legendary Gladiator. Since Gladiator is a rank 6 class and since Commander is a rank 6 class, you CANNOT change from one to the other becauase it is impossible to change between classes of the same rank.
---
#6NegativeZero812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 10:29:13 AM
Quote from the wiki:

As in most RPGs, a character's class is an indication of what that specific character is good at. In The Last Remnant, the class of a character is chosen by the game based on what that character does in battle. Classes usually give a bonus to one or more stats or skills, or in the case of higher rank classes, can even grant unique abilities.
Each class has a Class Rank ranging from 1 to 7, this shows how powerful a given class is compared to the others. Rank 1 classes are starting classes, while Rank 7 ones are the most powerful ones and require the most effort to reach, but in turn give the best class benefits. Class changing can only occur to classes of a higher Rank, it is impossible to change into even a class of the same Rank. Class Ranks are not to be confused with the Upgrade Levels (prefixes) that the individual classes have, these are only used to indicate the characters' progression in their current class. A higher Upgrade Level increases the magnitude of the class benefits, and in some cases a class ability is only unlocked after a specific Upgrade Level is reached. For more information on this, see the individual class pages, the table below lists all possible benefits obtainable by a class.
For a list of characters that start with each classes, see Classes.

Link to the wiki:
http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

I would love to be wrong, I want to finish that guild task and then switch back to Gladiator but the wiki says it's not possible.

---
#7pprincessPosted 11/24/2009 10:41:10 AM
That article is about Gladiators, not Commanders. I guess you didn't even bother looking up Commander which has nothing to do with STR, it's the INT stat. And since you haven't even tried making anybody a Commander yet, it's not worth arguing. Go try it and then come back.

BTW the wiki has so many errors it's ridiculous. People write all sorts of comments, and people often don't bother to distinguish the PC version from the Xbox version. The wiki is NOT a professional site.
#8NegativeZero812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 10:49:09 AM
In my game Rush is a Legendary commander.

That article is about all classes in general not just gladiator. Did you even go to the link?

---
#9NegativeZero812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 10:51:40 AM
And you don't quite understand. Wyngale's starting STR and INT stats are BOTH high enough to qualify for legendary gladiator and legendary commander respectively. Because wyngale already meets the prerequisites for Gladiator, he will automatically become after his first fight becuase he doesn't know wards when you first get him.
---
#10darglorPosted 11/24/2009 11:00:29 AM
I've made Wyngale change from gladiator to commander on the xbox version. It is doable but it takes a while.

To be honest, it's not worth the effort because of how paltry the guild task reward is.