Rush SKill Trick

#1RIRANOMANPosted 1/26/2010 12:57:36 AM
Hey, I've been following the guide for the rush only skill trick. I get that the idea is to level up the reserve team skills based on whether you use mystic or combat arts in to defeat the enemies. The problem I'm having is that Rush only gets the option to use mystic arts as a starting attack. I've tried using the 'Play it by ear' command but that just gets him to attack. IS there a way to make him start with a combat arts option?

---
About a 10th of the trunks were full of vivid, often painful or uncomfortable memories of her past life; the others were full of penguins, which surprised her.
#2FF12GrandMasterPosted 1/26/2010 2:44:48 AM
The problem you are having is that Rush's initial AP isn't high enough to be able to use a Combat Art. Try equipping a couple of AP gaining accessories and use a formation like Orb which cuts the cost of using AP.
---
The RNG: A Guide to Treasure Manipulation
http://www.fftogether.com/guides/bea02f32e39b6ca2832d643eb333f21b.txt
#3RIRANOMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 4:31:07 AM
I don't think I have an item good enough to make his AP high enough, or the Orb formation, but at least I know what I need to do. Cheers.
---
About a 10th of the trunks were full of vivid, often painful or uncomfortable memories of her past life; the others were full of penguins, which surprised her.
#4RIRANOMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2010 2:35:38 AM
Ok, I got the orb formation and a few AP increasing items and I've just finished the 6 bases section of the story. My BR is around 60 and at this point I have my 5 chosen leaders and the soldiers to go with them and don't plan on changing them, (Emmy, Torgal, Caedmon, Baulson, Glenys). I think I might have gone a little too combat heavy with just Rush being mystic, but it's a bit late to change that.

1. Is now a good time to be using the skills trick?
2. Is Robelia ruins still the best place to do it?
3. Roughly how long am I likely to need to spend grinding to get the combat arts for my leaders maxed? I started it already and got a chain of around 200 and haven't noticed many new skills being learned.

Slightly unrelated, but are there any weapons/accessories that are available now I should be looking to pick up, not just for the trick but in general. I grabbed rubber soul and schiavona using the tablet already for example.

---
#5Slayer7893Posted 1/29/2010 4:15:40 AM

it took me about a 450 chain to get my arts to the IV level of the 'substantial damage' combat arts... it may work slow until you geta big chain...

you will want to go to the ancient ruins and grab the items in the chest all the way to the bottom left of the fourth floor, there is the goddess wristlet which will be your soldiers' final hp accessory... it's +50%

glenys will ask for rubber soul eventually, so don't get too comfy with it. there are better accessories than that anyways.

#6VarisynthPosted 2/3/2010 8:46:05 AM

Do NOT give Glenys the Rubber Soul.

Have Rush equip it while skill grinding. It increases the rate at which EVERYONE learns arts, and has an AP charge on damage, meaning that when a union dies, if there are any more, you'll be able to use stronger arts the next turn. And since you're using Mystics, use an Imperator's Shield (Also has AP cost cut!) as that further increases the rate of learning Mystic Arts.

People learn things twice as fast at chains of 400+.

Leevleling up skills reduces the AP cost (I to II, not Ii to Nimble, etc). Some people say that levelling up skills raises AP costs; I can confirm it does sometimes but my Rush can use a Spark V with an Imperator's Shield for only 1 AP.

#7RIRANOMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2010 6:23:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I may of already given Glenys the soul before I read that last post, so I hope I haven't missed out too much. Not sure how best to get the shield since the wikia only mentions Undelwalt as a place to buy it and I'm not there yet.
---
#8VarisynthPosted 2/6/2010 1:28:09 PM

It's an Imperator item, and AFAIK Imperator points are very hard to come by, although when I got to Undelwalt the first time I was able to buy them...

Go and take all of the Remnants except for the Dead Heart and Flāchonelle. Take the Dead Heart after finishing the quest Hearts and take the Flāchonelle after finishing Kate and Rhagoh. Unless you don't care about recruiting Haruko and Kate. All Remnant accessories give growth boosts (at least the ones I've found have).

Flāchonelle gives additional growth boost to combat arts, and Dead Heart is a good accessory for Spoiler Girl if you've got her as a healer (Which she should be - she's a legendary scholar after all). The Simarrionne, found in a chest in Blackdale, gives +1 to Mystic Arts and Wield Skills.