How to learn Cachexia?

#1OlvidadaPosted 9/19/2010 12:06:00 AM
I'm a BR 101, and I'm trying to learn Cachexia, so I can have an easier battle against The Fallen, who keeps owning the crap out of me. Right now, I'm running around the The Ancient Ruins, just fighting and trying to use nothing but Hexes. I've got Zolean, Emmy, and Blocter using Hexes as much as possible. Zolean's learned up to Dispirit (I think he starts with that though; I pretty much just started using him), Blocter also has learned Dispirit, and Emmy's highest ranked Hex (I think) is Smoke Canister II. Is this the quickest way to learn this skill? Should I always use the highest rank Hex or does using a lower rank Hex decrease the chances? I've read the guide on The Last Remnant wiki for learning arts, but it's still pretty confusing to say the least.
#2darglorPosted 9/19/2010 9:56:47 AM
Assuming you're playing the 360 version, it would go a lot faster to just do the Solo-Rush Skill Grinding trick.

That said, Cachexia is unreliable. If you're having trouble with the Fallen, don't expect Cachexia to save you because it will likely not show up every round that you need it. You'd be better off fighting Ancbolders to max out your stats.
#3Olvidada(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 2:17:53 AM
For the Ancbolder trick, if there are no Ancbolders in Metopon: Boreas, does that mean they're not going to spawn in the Notus section as well, so I should go ahead and exit? Although, I've been fighting tons of Greater Demons, and they've been giving me hella stats.