Do we really need airplanes?

#1LazyPimpPosted 11/16/2007 11:55:38 PM
I mean if its going to still be in stillwater and this game is set in one town then why do we need them? It will be cramped up. Of course we need helicopters but do we need big ass airplanes?
---
It seems that I'm dodging bullets everyday players hating me cause i got money on the tray.
#2Ki_cat_Posted 11/17/2007 2:56:31 AM
I don't think there will be any use for airplanes in only one city but if the developers trick us and make us go to other citys then maybe we can use them.
#3cotters3000Posted 11/17/2007 7:42:26 AM
YES....
It's always better to have something, than to have it left out.
---
Don't Hate The PLAYER, Hate The GAME.
#4laughandahalfPosted 11/17/2007 11:28:53 AM
Unless you're kidding, that's a horribly blatant fallacy and pretty much just a stupid thing to say.... However, I don't mean any offense because I do understand what you're saying. If people don't want to use them, they don't need to.

Is this confirmed, by the way? I haven't been keeping up-to-date.
---
My user name is crap. I know.
#5laughandahalfPosted 11/17/2007 12:48:22 PM
That was aimed towards the previous poster, by the way.
---
#6Liam968Posted 11/18/2007 11:12:40 AM
If you mean helicopters and small luxury jets then yes
#7CRS98Posted 11/21/2007 1:06:53 AM
No, we shouldn't, but if we have to, let's try to keep the numbers low on aircraft availability.
#8Iron Chef SpamPosted 11/21/2007 2:52:31 PM
cotters3000
It's always better to have something, than to have it left out.

This is so freakin true.

I do NOT understand why people act like "I don't want it, so nobody should be able to do it.".
That is the lamest most moronic attitude ever. Seriously.
If it doesn't effect your personal gameplay experience (And so far, i haven't seen anything at all ever which suggests airplanes or helos in SR2 will be in online game modes) then quit freakin whining about how you don't want it especially since the developer and many more people than you have wanted to have them.

-I don't want to use exotic sports cars in TDU. I don't whine about it. I just don't use them. I cruise around in the big sedans.
-I don't like any of the sports cars in GTA or SR, So I always drive the trucks and SUVs. No need to post about how useless it is to have a 200,ph sports car in a crowded metropolis where you can barely hit 100mph before having to make a hard turn or avoid traffic, but hey, makers of sandbox games set in cities as well as many gamers love them. But I personally don't see why anyone would bother with some lightweight exotic that isn't nearly as durable nor can even carry as many of your own gang into shootouts.

---
XBL:Epicurean PSN:IronChefSpam. You know you're old when you think, "I'd do mrs. Howell."
#9laughandahalfPosted 11/21/2007 3:00:21 PM
" 'It's always better to have something, than to have it left out.'

This is so freakin true."

Again, no. In this instance, in a best case scenario, it may be true that helicopters and planes would be better in the game rather than left out. It's a small detail but your phrasing really bugs me. Almost nothing is ALWAYS true. Suppose they do it horribly or it causes problems with other parts of the game. Sounds unlikely, but still.
---
#10Iron Chef SpamPosted 11/21/2007 9:04:15 PM
Then don't use it.

How hard is that?

---
XBL:Epicurean PSN:IronChefSpam. You know you're old when you think, "I'd do mrs. Howell."