plz... no more hiphop related gangs

#51metalvvolfPosted 1/30/2008 8:52:28 PM

iv never herd of a "goth gang" but north east white supremissed and neo nazie gangs are pritty well known here in jersey not as much as the mafia but seein how the crips and bloods are none exsistant anymore i could see them in the gang

and for a more politcaly corect gang (if one exsists) chair bikers like hell angels are pritty damn close

also hip hop isint a lifestyle its a fad just like emo and skater

#52NewGoblin1213Posted 1/31/2008 5:08:59 PM

Just for the record,
In Melbourne, Australia. There is a gang who wear clown masks.
They leave their victims with the Glasgow Smile/Chelsea grin.

This game is dark and twisted...
Its only right that the gangs fit the feel of the game.

#53tremlesshaloPosted 2/1/2008 10:01:42 AM
I would love to see a clown gang.
#54cadillacactorPosted 2/1/2008 11:11:52 PM
I'd be pretty freaked if I saw a whole posse of Stephen King's It clowns chasing me to their secret carnival lair a la Twisted Metal 4...Whatever happened to the Twisted Metal Games btw?
---
"There is truly nothing funnier in life then using your Z key to roll a dead grizzly down a big hill, try it some time." - damogamo
#55cheese_game619Posted 2/2/2008 2:20:15 AM

preachitcaddy posted...
I'd be pretty freaked if I saw a whole posse of Stephen King's It clowns chasing me to their secret carnival lair a la Twisted Metal 4...Whatever happened to the Twisted Metal Games btw?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal_%28series%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal_%28series%29

#56lukeoliverPosted 2/2/2008 2:54:26 PM
Biker gangs, mafia, yakuza, and all those other gangs would ruin Saint's Row, when you hear or see the words Saint's Row, you think of your so called "Hip Hop Related" Gangs, but I would not say they are "Hip Hop Related" but more so "Street" gangs.

There are the Mafia gangs, like on The Godfather.
Then there are the more "Bad-Ass" gangs, like on Scarface.
Then there are the Organized, Drug Smuggling, Prostitute Managing (Pimping) gangs, like Hells Angels, and of course, they also count as a Biker Gang.

But then you get what you like to call, a "Hip Hop Related" Gang, but really, I don't think they have nothing to do with Hip Hop, it is the music they listen to, it is what the media makes you think, but really, it is a street gang, you see people on TV that listen to Hip Hop and Rap and are like the characters on Saint's Row, So then you think that they are "Hip Hop Related" but the truth is they are more like Street Gangs.

They jump people, steal, cheat, into the drug business, and all that stuff, and ya, they might listen to Hip Hop, but I am sure that lots of Street Gangsters also listen to other types of music, it is more of a stereo-type.

But anyways, enough with me talking about gangs.

The game is going to be great, but I am sure it will be the whole Street Gangs again, and that is good, and what most of us want to see.
---
PSN: Luke734
XBL: Tyginga
#57thomassiePosted 2/3/2008 12:00:57 AM
CeZil is right this is a hip-hop gang game if you don't like it don't buy it and don't whine! (If you don't like Saints Row then you better can buy GTA 4)
#58gyrobotPosted 2/4/2008 1:30:26 PM
But there should be a Mafioso in there, just a gang who makes the street gangs dont get out of line.
---
One of Gamefaqs longer standing accounts, now armed with C-7 explosives Claims Lisiathus, Lacus Clyne
#59PunishmentEmbodPosted 2/4/2008 7:36:33 PM
"I agree that hip hop is nice, but the reality is that this game takes place several years later. One would assume that Saints Row took place in the 1990's...maybe 1998, and this new game will take place in 2008."

Did they have a radio from the future that they used to play songs that wouldn't have been out yet? If it had taken place in the 90's then they would have used songs from the 90's.
---
The Punisher, performing Bolt-Action brain surgery since 1974!
GamerTag: Fear Embodied
#60PunishmentEmbodPosted 2/4/2008 7:40:40 PM
"What would a gang of punks add to the game? A band? Druggies?"

Druggies? You're obviously ignorant to Straight Edge.
---
The Punisher, performing Bolt-Action brain surgery since 1974!
GamerTag: Fear Embodied