Urban Ninja

#1FallenAgentPosted 1/22/2008 12:07:49 AM
This is the story of revenge. People tried to kill you, and you've been healing and plotting for months maybe years since it happened. Saints Row 2 picks up with you executing such revenge.

One thing is that if you are trying to solve a mystery and find out who killed you, and these people think you are dead, common sense would say that you don't want people to know you're still alive. Not YET anyway. So stealth and stuff should play a role.

Some people like running in and fighting, others like to take their time. I think you should at LEAST be given the option of being stealthy. Not just in your kills but maybe clothing could play a part.

Wearing a mask: 60% stealth bonus
Wearing dark clothing or a ninja costume: 20% stealth bonus.

Etc..etc...Things like that. But as for weapons, ninja weapons, sniper rifles and bombs should be readily available and if you use these your Notoriety should not raise unless you are spotted.

And lastly, le parkour...free run...urban ninja abilities. If your character could climb up fire escapes or pipes to get on to rooftops, that would be awesome. I'd hate to have to steal a plane or helicopter EVERYTIME I want to get high up.
#2cheese_game619Posted 1/22/2008 4:10:11 AM
Ummm... play Assassin's Creed?
#3FallenAgent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2008 9:27:32 PM
That's the problem with so many people on this board. A lot of people, I find are narrow minded. Hey if something is in one game, then it shouldn't be in any other. You ever stop and think that maybe Assasin's Creed has nothing to do with what I just said?

Assasin's Creed doesn't even make sense. He doesn't even change his clothes, yet somehow the guards forget what he looks like if he hides. The game was highly over-rated and is NOT the emperor of stealth games.

You asked me if I played Assasin's Creed, but did you actually play Saints Row?

The game pretty much forces you to get high levels of attention and go to fight armies of people and the only way to get out of it is to make it to a "forgive and forget" or use a code. Forgive and Forget was a unique and cool thing for Saints Row but it doesn't make sense. I've brought up five stars from the police and let the FBI and everyone chase me through a "forgive and forget" booth and then they INSTANTLY walked away and forgot.

Why not simply give the option of sniping someone stealthily? In fact, sniping people and assasinations are part of the story of the first Saints Row. Am I to believe that you would not want to kill someone without the cops finding out in an assasination?
#4FallenAgent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2008 9:47:49 PM
I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk but, to me a game is only worth the money if it's fun and gives me enough options that I want to replay it.

- Replay value is the number one most IMPORTANT factor in buying a game.-

Why buy it if you'll beat it in a day or a week and then never pick it up. It's called Blockbuster or Gamefly or whatever place you go to RENT games. Some people like wasting money, even if you have the money it's still a waste if you buy it and go "pffft. That's all?"

Remember the character you created for the first one? Imagine how much more intriguing it would be if that same character could not only fight better and do REAL kicks, but could do things without alerting the police.

Remember the no-cop/gang notoriety code? Well it's kind of like using that but without a code. You could cause trouble without being caught unless you wanted to be stupid or obvious.

If the game offered this, no one would ever mention GTA ever again.

As for the climbing aspect, your character in the first game was as stiff as Hitman. His jumps sucked, and you needed glitches or tricks to get up high. And I don't want a plane or helicopter in order to just look around.
#5Sk8OrSk8Posted 1/23/2008 7:35:18 AM
#6cheese_game619Posted 1/23/2008 8:12:41 AM

FallenAgent posted...
That's the problem with so many people on this board. A lot of people, I find are narrow minded. Hey if something is in one game, then it shouldn't be in any other. You ever stop and think that maybe Assasin's Creed has nothing to do with what I just said?

No, I didn't think about that because I barely read your post. In fact, that paragraph I quoted it the only part of that essay I read too, and the first line of the next one "sorry if I sounded like a jerk".

Basically, I'm sure whatever you said was great, but it is probably over the top. Just guessing. Perhaps some better climbing mechanics would be nice but I think flipping around would perhaps eliminate the whole gangsta thing... they are supposed to be knuckleheads not people that know martial arts like parkour.

#7cadillacactorPosted 1/23/2008 1:12:37 PM
I'm not quite so sure about the whole urban ninja thing, but there's nothing wrong with adding a stealthy component to the game for the reasoning cited in your first post. I'd quite like it, actually. I don't mean Sam Fisher type stealth, but ski masks and incentives to stay hidden on certain missions or keep to the shadows sounds kind of fun....

The problem for me is, I love me a rocket launcher a bit too much to stay stealthy for long!!
---
"There is truly nothing funnier in life then using your Z key to roll a dead grizzly down a big hill, try it some time." - damogamo
#8FallenAgent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 12:04:29 AM
The only reason I put "sorry if I sounded like a jerk" is because I debated in my mind if you were possibly one of the few intelligent people that post here. Your comments answer that with a blaring "no". If you find it a task to READ on the internet, then something is wrong with you. This is a virtual world of text. It's like a god-hater going to church and taking communion.

Though maybe you should get a cookie for the three sentances you did read.
#9FallenAgent(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 12:19:56 AM
Oh and also, you're incredibly racist. "They're supposed to be knuckleheads.." Why? In fact, this is further proof you probably never played or beat the game on your own. As the game is all about strategically taking other territories. It takes place in a ghetto with predominatly black and hispanic characters, so of course they're all idiots who run in to fight.

Why don't you read up on the Yakuza, mafia, the triad, even the bloods and crypts? I think you'll find you don't know what you're talking about.
#10cheese_game619Posted 1/24/2008 8:22:00 AM

FallenAgent posted...
Oh and also, you're incredibly racist. "They're supposed to be knuckleheads.." Why? In fact, this is further proof you probably never played or beat the game on your own. As the game is all about strategically taking other territories. It takes place in a ghetto with predominatly black and hispanic characters, so of course they're all idiots who run in to fight.

Why don't you read up on the Yakuza, mafia, the triad, even the bloods and crypts? I think you'll find you don't know what you're talking about.

Actually, if you remember, you could create a character of any race in Saints Row. So I can hardly see how my comments were racist, really it would be you being racist if anybody because you've stereotyped the black and hispanic people as gangsters. The person you played as in SR, whatever race he was, was a ****ing idiot. When he talked, he talked crap. So did most of the other gangsta characters. Also, I know enough on the Yakuza and Mafia of old enough to command your precious time. I am all over those documentaries, mostly on the American and Italian Mafia, but I recently watched one of Yakuza as well. Funnily enough, none of them are black or hispanic. Hmmm... stereotypes, huh?

I have little interest in the bloods and crips. I know enough to know they are call the crips though, not "crypts". A crypt is a chamber of a castle or something similar. I'm sure you knew that, you being one of the "smart guys" on the board and all. Ahem.

Oh and also, I didn't read your posts because they were so damn long and it really didn't look like getting to the point from the first line, and I had read enough to know you were talking about stuff many have talked about before you - perhaps not especially on subject, I just recognised the rambling pattern I've seen so many times before. I'm sure I'll get to reading your post one day, but until then, I apologise for wasting your time oh so intellectual one.