How do you unlock secret weapons/suits?

#1DrDuckmanPosted 10/5/2008 7:57:37 AM
Hey people, quick question, how do you unlock the secret weapons and costumes?

I just unlocked the greanade luncher assault rifle and the biker's leather jacket, during one of the last ronin missions, but I have no idea how I did it.

I think I just killed a lot of people? But it is possible it's because I was using an assault rifle at the time?

Any ideas? Any other weapons to unlock? Cause this assault rifle is amazing.

---
"Go tell the Spartans, Stranger Passing By,
That here, obedient to their laws, We lie." - Simonides
#2thebobevilPosted 10/5/2008 8:13:32 AM
Just keeping doing missions and side missions, and stuff will keep unlocking.
---
"America is not the world, or even the axis upon which it turns."
#3RyozoPosted 10/5/2008 8:29:40 AM
If I recall correctly, one of the pause menu options lists everything you've unlocked to date; that list might include how you unlocked a particular item.
As for the rifle itself: as I recall from XPlay's interview with Matt Weissinger, THQ's Global Brand Manager, it's not a completely new weapon, but an upgrade for the AR50, much like how the M16 could have a launcher added over in Scarface: TWiY.
The question: how is the launcher ammo handled?
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#4_Classic_Gamer_Posted 10/5/2008 8:33:31 AM
You unlock the space suit by going to the planetarium and looking through the giant telescope.
#5DrDuckman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2008 9:04:32 AM
The greanade launcher ammo is all the greanades you have, it's pretty cool, you can actually change the greanade type to change the effect.

I unlocked a new SMG by doing Ho Snatch activities, but for some reason I can't seem to equip em, it just switches to the assault rifle when I try, I think it's bugged.

---
#6DrDuckman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2008 9:08:21 AM
Scratch that, for some reason the new SMGs now work, no idea what happened there.

They are pretty cool, they look like Uzis.

I have also unlocked two accuracy bonuses +5% and +15%, by doing all the Septic Avenger missions.

I am pretty sure you always unlock something by doing the Level 3 and 6 of the Activities.

---
#7Twisted JAXPosted 10/5/2008 9:15:21 AM
Sweet! I love constant rewarding.

---
It's true, we have nothing to do.
Bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out!
#8RyozoPosted 10/5/2008 9:24:41 AM
"The greanade launcher ammo is all the greanades you have, it's pretty cool, you can actually change the greanade type to change the effect." -DrDuckman

Oh, excellent. Given that the tangos can - and do - make use of human shields, I know I'm going to be putting the flashbangs to good use.
"Breach, bang, and clear!"
Which leads me to wonder how you get the 'tactical' outfit (see: SWAT, high-end Ultor troops)... I recall seing 'SWAT Pants' and 'SWAT Overshirt' in in-game menus shown during an interview with James Tsai at E3.
Related: anyone else think it odd that there isn't a distinct 'tactical' theme for the Saints? Especially given what the female Saints wear for the Bodyguard theme...
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."