How do you unlock secret weapons/suits?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Saints Row 2
  3. How do you unlock secret weapons/suits?

User Info: DrDuckman

DrDuckman
8 years ago#1
Hey people, quick question, how do you unlock the secret weapons and costumes?

I just unlocked the greanade luncher assault rifle and the biker's leather jacket, during one of the last ronin missions, but I have no idea how I did it.

I think I just killed a lot of people? But it is possible it's because I was using an assault rifle at the time?

Any ideas? Any other weapons to unlock? Cause this assault rifle is amazing.

"Go tell the Spartans, Stranger Passing By,
That here, obedient to their laws, We lie." - Simonides

User Info: thebobevil

thebobevil
8 years ago#2
Just keeping doing missions and side missions, and stuff will keep unlocking.
"America is not the world, or even the axis upon which it turns."

User Info: Ryozo

Ryozo
8 years ago#3
If I recall correctly, one of the pause menu options lists everything you've unlocked to date; that list might include how you unlocked a particular item.
As for the rifle itself: as I recall from XPlay's interview with Matt Weissinger, THQ's Global Brand Manager, it's not a completely new weapon, but an upgrade for the AR50, much like how the M16 could have a launcher added over in Scarface: TWiY.
The question: how is the launcher ammo handled?
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."

User Info: _Classic_Gamer_

_Classic_Gamer_
8 years ago#4
You unlock the space suit by going to the planetarium and looking through the giant telescope.

DrDuckman
8 years ago#5
The greanade launcher ammo is all the greanades you have, it's pretty cool, you can actually change the greanade type to change the effect.

I unlocked a new SMG by doing Ho Snatch activities, but for some reason I can't seem to equip em, it just switches to the assault rifle when I try, I think it's bugged.

DrDuckman
8 years ago#6
Scratch that, for some reason the new SMGs now work, no idea what happened there.

They are pretty cool, they look like Uzis.

I have also unlocked two accuracy bonuses +5% and +15%, by doing all the Septic Avenger missions.

I am pretty sure you always unlock something by doing the Level 3 and 6 of the Activities.

User Info: Twisted_JAX

Twisted_JAX
8 years ago#7
Sweet! I love constant rewarding.
It's true, we have nothing to do.
Bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out!

User Info: Ryozo

Ryozo
8 years ago#8
"The greanade launcher ammo is all the greanades you have, it's pretty cool, you can actually change the greanade type to change the effect." -DrDuckman

Oh, excellent. Given that the tangos can - and do - make use of human shields, I know I'm going to be putting the flashbangs to good use.
"Breach, bang, and clear!"
Which leads me to wonder how you get the 'tactical' outfit (see: SWAT, high-end Ultor troops)... I recall seing 'SWAT Pants' and 'SWAT Overshirt' in in-game menus shown during an interview with James Tsai at E3.
Related: anyone else think it odd that there isn't a distinct 'tactical' theme for the Saints? Especially given what the female Saints wear for the Bodyguard theme...
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
  1. Boards
  2. Saints Row 2
  3. How do you unlock secret weapons/suits?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived