where do you get cop outfits?

#1scarface_jrPosted 10/15/2008 4:34:53 PM
i've been looking all over but can't find the store that has it.
---
GT:Fire Reaper15 .Itz Reaper
#2DevsterDoomPosted 10/16/2008 9:00:30 PM
I would also like to know about this as well considering how awesome it would be to dress up like a cop for some great parts of the game.
---
Girl: So... do you wanna try it without the helmet tonight?
Chief: The helmet stays. -V Faction
#3HeyManNiceShotPosted 10/16/2008 9:02:55 PM
You can only dress as a cop in the Fuzz activity.

---
NIRVANA
#4RyozoPosted 10/16/2008 9:24:04 PM
From the really-close department...

Head: baseball cap (solid Cop Dark Blue, no logo) OR police helmet (White, Cop Dark Blue, Black - available at Nobody Loves Me)
Shirt: long sleeve workshirt w/tie (Cop Light Blue, Cop Light Blue, Cop Dark Blue; tucked in)
Pants: casual slacks (solid Cop Dark Blue)
Belt: rectangular belt 1 (Black, Steel)
Socks: any, solid Black)
Shoes: men's dress shoes (solid black, polished leather)
Optional vest: safety vest (default - Let's Pretend) OR sweater vest (solid Cop Dark Blue)
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#5HeyManNiceShotPosted 10/16/2008 9:38:57 PM
Ryozo, I tried to fashion my own like you did and it just doesn't look right. It looks like a security guard who's trying too hard.

---
NIRVANA
#6dimension4Posted 10/16/2008 9:41:15 PM

HeyManNiceShot1 posted...
Ryozo, I tried to fashion my own like you did and it just doesn't look right. It looks like a security guard who's trying too hard.

---
NIRVANA

thats the best when you dont have a REAL outfit

#7HeyManNiceShotPosted 10/16/2008 9:50:26 PM
It may be the best we can do with what we have been given, but it still doesn't look like a cop. Without a utility belt, badge, patches, and hat, it's just not a cop.

Have you ever put on the police helmet and just ran around and tried a few missions with it on? It looks ridiculous. What cop wears something like that? It looks like some doofy thing my son would wear while riding his toy police bike.

Why they couldn't simply put the freaking police cap into the game, along with the proper pants, shirt, vest etc. is beyond me.

---
NIRVANA
#8RyozoPosted 10/16/2008 10:20:57 PM
Well, I did say 'really close' but not 'perfect'.
For convenience's sake, I'll put up a link to the relevant thread on the official SR2 forums (fora?):

http://community.saintsrow.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21658

Yes, HeyManNiceShot, you are correct to wonder why these and other options didn't make it into the retail version; hopefully this is something readily rectifiable via DLC. And as long as they're doing that, they might as well toss in tactical wear. After all... if SWAT, Ultor's Masako, and even your fellow Saints can rock this, why not you?
By the way, to answer your question about the police helmet: motorcycle cops (yes, there is a police cycle - the Estrada - but it's an uncommon spawn as far as I can tell).
I remember from the James Tsai interview at E3 that tactical wear would start with a 'SWAT Overshirt' and 'SWAT Pants'. You'd need the helmet (the soldier helmet at Let's Pretend isn't quite right), utility belt, and vest (which would fit, I think, as an 'overshirt'). The only problem is that for some reason gloves can't be worn with long sleeves.
Other things I'd not mind seeing available eventually: a flight helmet (Tobias has one; watch the intro cinematic for 'Airborne Assault') and the Ronin jackets (extra bonus points if a 'faux-Ronin' theme for the Saints is included).
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."