How to ride a subway train

#1trinidadrrcPosted 10/23/2008 9:28:50 PM
How come I can't ride the subway train??? WTF???
#2FryagaPosted 10/23/2008 9:33:39 PM
They kinda forgot to add that in, apparently. So far, there is no way possible to ride the rail, try as you might. Maybe later DLC, but for something that obvious I doubt it.
#3ChiroVettePosted 10/23/2008 9:40:51 PM
This train thing , to me at least, is one of those things that when I heard you can't ride them in the game I was disappointed. Then when I get over it and stopped to think, I realized that in NONE of the GTA games did I ever ride the trains after the novelty of it wore off in GTA III, which took all of three rides.

I honestly believe that the only reason most of us care about not being able to ride the trains in SR is simply because we can't do it. And if we could, we might try it out once or twice to peep the accompanying cinematic, but I think that would be about it.
#4thebrain76Posted 10/23/2008 10:03:07 PM
I want to surf the train.
---
Jesus would totally have killed zombies. -FinalFantasyFanatik
I like God, it's his fanclub I can't stand. - darienphoenix
#5myusernameislamePosted 10/23/2008 10:06:47 PM
I actually rode train s sometimes in SR1 if I was going somewhere far away and was right by a station. More convenient than calling a taxi.
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#6The_SpennyPosted 10/23/2008 11:46:30 PM
Chirovette pretty much nailed a very good reason in his post...

---
The Mad Gamer - sponsored by God
#7VulcansEyePosted 10/23/2008 11:49:25 PM
"I want to surf the train."

You can surf the train to your heart's content. You just have to get on top of it first.
---
Jehoshaphat!
GT: VulcansEye
#8chill 02Posted 10/23/2008 11:50:26 PM
Well, I only used the train in GTA IV once (on that one mission that's merely a tutorial on how to use the trains), so it's not much of a big deal to me.
---
Wenn Sie diesen Satz lesen können, benutzen Sie bestimmt einen Übersetzer.
#9ChiroVettePosted 10/24/2008 8:09:39 AM
Exactly. I am in this game to drive, kill, run around like a maniac, and do a crap load of other insanely fun thing. The last thing I want to do is get on a train. Would it be nice if the feature was there for those who like it? Yeah. And perhaps Volitions will add it again later on.

My gut feeling tells me that Volitions wanted to make this game as over the top fun as they could, and that they left out trains, not to deprive us of anything, but because they felt that most gamers think like I do and simply don't care about the trains. ;)
#10mjc0961Posted 10/24/2008 9:14:55 AM
myusernameislame @ 10/24/2008 1:06:47 AM
"I actually rode train s sometimes in SR1 if I was going somewhere far away and was right by a station. More convenient than calling a taxi."
Me too. I used the trains a lot in SR1 for travel. I was pretty disappointed when I went to use one for the first time in this game... Searched the map... What? No train marker? Son of a...

Luckily we have cruise control on the cars now, so at least I don't have to constantly hold the button down as I drive from on end of the map to the other.
---
You learn something new every day. Usually, how dumb yet another person is.