Trouble with Tow Truck Diversion

#1massiveterraPosted 10/30/2008 1:29:34 PM
As title. Currently no matter what i do i am still unable to accomplish this task which is preventing me from achieving the Blue Collar achievement. i have done everything else in the game apart from the collections of jumps, Cd's and tags. by now I thought that i was more than capable of doing something so simple. all you have to do is drive from A to B, pick up Car C and drive back to point A . but the police always swarm me and destroy my truck on either stage 5 or 10.

are there any other saints players out there that can offer some advice for this diversion please ?. i feel silly asking here as TBH before trying towing myself i thought it would be a cake walk and anyone failing on it must be doing something dramatically wrong.

while i am expecting a good portion of posts adding nothing to my question as is the norm on most forums, i hold hope for someone to post a constructive answer other than drive better etc.
---
Please Stop fueling my Silent rage.
#2Waynezr99Posted 10/30/2008 1:37:50 PM
While you wait for somebody to help you with that, mind explaining where you did the streaking diversion? I've tried a couple of places, but after level 6/7 there are not enough people anywhere.
#3SHaDYDaGGeRPosted 10/30/2008 1:39:30 PM
It's easier on co-op. Have Player A start the Diversion and Bookmark the location. Have Player B grab the car and bring it to Player A. Have player A hook it up, and drive it to the shop. It also helps if Player A remains at the shop, or a shop for short trips.
#4Krbyfan1Posted 10/30/2008 2:05:22 PM
I had to switch to easy for this...

I took my time and drove carefully. If cops/gangs chased me, I let them hit me a bit and they got out of their cars. Then i sped up and left them in the dust.

Didnt start smoking until level 10.
---
Due to the Communism at Gamefaqs.com, you must copypasta my sig.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/Krbyfan1/Banner.jpg
#5SN_NinjaPosted 10/30/2008 2:08:18 PM
Be extremely careful until level 10. Don't plow through alot of fences or traffic posts, it all adds up and can do a number to your car.

Also, did you upgrade your car at a mechanic? Reinforced bumpers, frame, etc. all helps.
---
Currently Playing: The Orange Box
Gamertag: ShadownetNinjaX
#6massiveterra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2008 5:15:17 PM
thank you all for your replies. the advice about stopping once police/gang cars start to nudge me around was great. i am now able to get up to level 9 without smoke but still not able to complete. another problem i am encountering ( biggest problem) is that when it comes to collecting a gang car and I get swarmed with said gangs ,my homies on the street like to try shooting through my tow rig to get to the rival gang.

this obviously even with the (already installed) fully upgraded tow rig is a problem as they all seem to have either the full auto shot gun or the double barreled. both very effective in lowering the durability of the rig. i have also played a few tries on lower difficulty's and although the first few pickups are very easy to get, i still encounter hardship on the later police and gang pick ups.

can anyone suggest a particular neighborhood to try again in ?. i have tried in Saints Row, Truck yard and Suburbs district's and so far Suburbs was the easiest to get to level 7+ within a minute or two.

---
#7massiveterra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2008 5:20:38 PM
as for the streaking diversion, i believe i did it either around the Ultor mall or the court house. not 100% sure as it was one of my first things to do for some reason :P.
---
#8boaballerPosted 10/30/2008 8:27:53 PM
For the streaking diversion, it would really help to run along a major highway as more and more cars spawn out of nowhere. You would want to run against traffic rather than with traffic.
#9massiveterra(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 8:12:05 AM
perseverance prevailed and i managed to complete the achievement.
still random as ever. cars spawning inside buildings preventing me getting them , my gang shooting and driving into me constantly, and random flat tires.

in the end i just drove very slow, obeyed all traffic laws,let the attackers leave there vehicles and come to me. now I'm to start on collections...woopie my favorite part of all games :(.

thanks all again for the posts and i hope that at least one other person reading got help to.
---