Hitman Unlimited Rifle Ammunition Question

#1AgtMitchRappPosted 12/1/2008 2:56:18 AM
So I finished all the hitman missions, got the achievement and everything. But my rifle does not have unlimited ammo, nor is there anythinv whatsoever in the rifle category in my crib.

I have only done 4 of the story missions so far, so that might have something to do with it. I figured I'd have some fun and get some activities completed before starting the story missions. The reason I have a rifle already is from the htiman missions where you need 4+ stars to draw out the target.

Do I need to progress in the story and/or unlock a rifle in my crib for this reward to take effect? Is it glitched now that I've unlocked it? Will I never get the unlimited ammo perk since I've unlocked it before receiving a rifle? I really don't want to start over, I put in a few hours doing all the hitman and chop shop missions.

Thanks for any help, advice!
---
Some say we are responsible for those we love. Others know we are responsible for those who love us.
#2SN_NinjaPosted 12/1/2008 3:02:51 AM
To get the unlimited ammo, you need to have atleast two rifles in your crib weapon stash. You might only have the M4 type weapon.
The reason for this is that you need to switch rifles to activate the unlimited ammo, and if you only ever picked up one type of rifle, then you can't switch them around in your crib.

You can either wait til' you find an AK-47, or get 3 gold stars in 'Gang kills' (nine enemy gang kills in quick succesaion) which unlocks a special AR-50 with a grenade launcher.

Also note that when you do get unlimited ammo, and you switch rifles from the ground, then the ammo becomes limited as if you hadn't unlocked infinite ammo and you'll have to go back to your weapon stash and switch up some rifles to activate it again.

When you get the sniper rifle, ammo will also be infinite for it as well.
---
Currently Playing: Saints Row 2, Fable II
Gamertag: ShadownetNinjaX
#3AgtMitchRapp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 3:14:55 AM
Well, right now, I don't have any rifles in my crib weapon stash.

The only rifle I have, is the m4 looking rifle I picked up from the cops who ride in the BEAR trucks.

But it's not in my stash.

So you're saying I need two different types of rifles in my stash before I have unlimited ammo for rifles?
---
Some say we are responsible for those we love. Others know we are responsible for those who love us.
#4SN_NinjaPosted 12/1/2008 3:27:14 AM
Yeah. When you get a rifle for the first time, it doesn't appear in your stash. When you get a second different rifle, then the first rifle will appear in the stash but not your second. Simply switch to the first rifle, exit, then look back in the stash and the second rifle is there. Switching to either will net you unlimited ammo.

Seems like they screwed up the weapon stash system. If you were to buy 25 rockets for your launcher, then got a flamethrower and maxed that out, and switch back to the rocket launcher, then you'll sometimes have just one rocket, and maybe even just 255 units of flamethrower ammo when the max is about 500. Just seems wonky and unintended, and a nuisance.
---
#5AgtMitchRapp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 3:36:55 AM
Thanks a lot, sir. Appreciate the information.

Also, if you wouldn't mind you mentioned this:

SN_Ninja (#002)
or get 3 gold stars in 'Gang kills' (nine enemy gang kills in quick succesaion) which unlocks a special AR-50 with a grenade launcher.

Could you go into more detail about how best to accomplish this? Best location, etc.?

Would greatly appreciate it. =)

---
#6PhoenixdivePosted 12/1/2008 3:47:31 AM
You can get it pretty much anytime, try getting your gang notoriety up to five symbols.
#7SN_NinjaPosted 12/1/2008 3:49:09 AM
Well, getting three gold stars in gang kills is sort of an opportunitive (made up word ftw) thing. What you can do is rack up some gang notoriety so these guys will be all over you, and take cover somewhere safe like on a roof of a warehouse in the airport (land a chopper on a roof, you can find them parked around the airport) and wait for them to arrive and bunch up.

Then, you count them and see if there are nine and quickly kill all of them. At the ninth kill, you will be informed that you've unlocked the rifle. I personally unlocked it during some missions with a ton of gang members to kill, but with some work you can get it.
---
#8AgtMitchRapp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 3:49:23 AM
Ahh, ok, I'll give it a shot. Thank you, sir. =)
---
#9AgtMitchRapp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2008 3:56:19 AM
If I hop in the BEAR and wrack up notoriety will that work?

Or do I need some kind of explosive weapon? How quick in succession do the kills need to be?
---
#10SN_NinjaPosted 12/1/2008 3:59:35 AM
Yeah, a Bear would work. You can see how long it takes for the gang kill stars to end by killing one gang member and waiting for the single bronze star to disappear and give you your respect. That should give you an idea how much time you have to work with in between kills.
---