Downloaded the DLC now my game won't work.

#1slayer456Posted 3/3/2010 1:43:23 AM
Long story short, re-bought this today, loaded up my near complete save file from when it first came out, messed around a little, decided to get the DLC, downloaded both and now I can't play at all.

I can't even start a new game. I tried installing to the hard drive, re-downloading the 2 packs nothing works!

Any help would be appreciated.
---
That right Mc Maynerbury , brother runnin' with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!
#2battleblastPosted 3/3/2010 5:39:41 AM
Did you buy used? Check the disc for scratches.
---
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN
#3slayer456(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2010 1:46:28 PM
Yeah it was, but I've had it for a little more than a week at this point and it worked fine up until I got the DLC.
---
That right Mc Maynerbury , brother runnin' with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!
#4battleblastPosted 3/3/2010 5:14:22 PM
Sometimes the DLC takes a while to load. What easily feels like two minutes, and you need to be connected to Live even if you don't plan on doing anything online.

Other then that, you might want to either exchange it, or install to the hard drive.
---
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
#5SirGoukiPosted 3/6/2010 10:03:41 AM
It's amazing how many people talk about things they know nothing about. Download Content is not going to make the disc suddenly not work (unless they overwrite the code that loads stuff on the disc). And if it did, getting a different disc for the same version of the game will not work. As was said before, you probably just need to let it finish loading, and make sure you're logged completely into Live.

Once again, if the disc worked BEFORE the DLC was downloaded, its not the disc that is the problem. If you scratched it after you bought it and didn't get any kind of insurance on it (like gamestop seems to love handing out so much), you're gonna need the money for a new disc, cause they wont take it back.
---
Anyone whom uses the pseudo-term "pwn", excepting this statement, is undeniably a n00b.
#6kylewilkiePosted 3/6/2010 1:41:03 PM
how do you access the dlc (corporate warfare and tera patrick)? Is it endgame missions?
---
xbl = Wilkz07
#7battleblastPosted 3/6/2010 11:13:01 PM
how do you access the dlc (corporate warfare and tera patrick)? Is it endgame missions?

They should be available after you break out of jail.

As for the game working before DLC thing, I've seen how fast a scratched disc can go bad. Anywhere between a couple of minutes to weeks, but if you constantly use it it tends to get worse faster. Especially if the system needs to check the disc for data often. SR2 is one of those games. Maybe it's a jump to check for that first, but it's a valid possibility.
---
#8kylewilkiePosted 3/13/2010 6:34:37 AM
i am out of jail and did a saints mission - are the dlc ones marked on the map or do you need to find them first?

---
xbl = Wilkz07
#9BluBattleDragonPosted 3/18/2010 2:41:36 PM
one is at the Saints Halfway house hide out and the other is in adept way the two ultor symbols