So Lately...

#1BlitzJuggernautPosted 12/15/2012 5:39:44 PM
I've become bored with my 360 in most aspects and have been thinking about buying SR2 since I loved SR:TT. Give me some reasons and opinions why I should or should not buy.
---
Looking to start a MW2 and Black Ops Clan. Interested? Hit me up; Gamertag: BlitzJuggernaut or Text: (330) 490-9285
Now apparently troll flavored. *Trollface*
#2sellz90Posted 12/16/2012 10:17:28 AM
Most people I know prefer 2 over 3 (including myself) so if you can pick it up cheap it is worth a play through
---
fc 4340 1444 6533
#3blazingsonicPosted 12/16/2012 2:59:28 PM
It's on sale on Xbox Live!
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#4DuMichAuch64Posted 12/30/2012 9:40:37 AM
Best sandbox game and one of the best games I ever played.
---
Dead or Alive Photobucket http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x145/DuMichAuch64/
#5Celiria_RosePosted 1/27/2013 4:07:54 PM
In my opinion SR: TT is better in most aspects gameplay, graphics, driving, customization variety. SR2 is superior in customization depth and story. The gameplay is still fantastic in 2 but its not quite as good as three. City design is about equal.
#6brute_strengthPosted 1/29/2013 4:59:44 PM
After finishing up the Third I went back and started up another game of SR2...definitely get it if you hadn't played it already.
---
U.S.A.F.
#7FenrirXIIIPosted 2/16/2013 4:57:02 PM
I've put as many hours into Saints row 2 as I have time in TES: oblivion, and I had 3 characters at lvl 50/52~, and countless others that didn't make it past 20ish. Anyway.

Saints Row 3 has a lot of fun gameplay aspects but it lacks depth and life to the immersion factor, which SR2 definitely has. SR3 you can tell the devs' focus was put on finishing the game without making it feel too hollow or incomplete, but you can tell they were under pressure to get it out to get some cash flow. For example, engines rev at one speed in SR3, whereas they all have much more "realistic" sounds in SR2. If you only speed up a little bit, the pitch of the engine changes a bit more realistically to match your acceleration habits. Also the various engines sound somewhat like they would IRL, like v8's sounding like v8's and 4banger-turbos sounding like it should.

Being able to choose what type of walk your character has. Like, pimp lean on the left, pimp lean on the right, bouncey, etc. (how your char literally walks in the game when you aren't running around like crazy) You can also unlock different melee fighting styles, each one gives you different moves. I also prefer the flight characteristics of SR2 of all flying vehicles, altho SR3 has an 'easier' car physics, SR2 is at least "predictable" so you can get a feel for it eventually.

You can also call a taxi and have it take you places. Idk it's just...well, when you're stoned and trying to escape completely into your character, it's harder in SR3 because of less "small details" and little customization options, things you can tell were skipped because devs lost the passion and/or had too much pressure.

tl:dr get SR2, it's cheap, and you're bound to have fun with it, if only because the storyline is awesome and funny, ontop of the fact that you get to see what it's like to build your gang empire, whereas 3 puts you starting out right at the top(but being taken down a peg put in a new city and all)
#8Celiria_RosePosted 2/17/2013 8:01:08 AM(edited)
FenrirXIII posted...
I've put as many hours into Saints row 2 as I have time in TES: oblivion, and I had 3 characters at lvl 50/52~, and countless others that didn't make it past 20ish. Anyway.

Saints Row 3 has a lot of fun gameplay aspects but it lacks depth and life to the immersion factor, which SR2 definitely has. SR3 you can tell the devs' focus was put on finishing the game without making it feel too hollow or incomplete, but you can tell they were under pressure to get it out to get some cash flow. For example, engines rev at one speed in SR3, whereas they all have much more "realistic" sounds in SR2. If you only speed up a little bit, the pitch of the engine changes a bit more realistically to match your acceleration habits. Also the various engines sound somewhat like they would IRL, like v8's sounding like v8's and 4banger-turbos sounding like it should.

Being able to choose what type of walk your character has. Like, pimp lean on the left, pimp lean on the right, bouncey, etc. (how your char literally walks in the game when you aren't running around like crazy) You can also unlock different melee fighting styles, each one gives you different moves. I also prefer the flight characteristics of SR2 of all flying vehicles, altho SR3 has an 'easier' car physics, SR2 is at least "predictable" so you can get a feel for it eventually.

You can also call a taxi and have it take you places. Idk it's just...well, when you're stoned and trying to escape completely into your character, it's harder in SR3 because of less "small details" and little customization options, things you can tell were skipped because devs lost the passion and/or had too much pressure.

tl:dr get SR2, it's cheap, and you're bound to have fun with it, if only because the storyline is awesome and funny, ontop of the fact that you get to see what it's like to build your gang empire, whereas 3 puts you starting out right at the top(but being taken down a peg put in a new city and all)

Their time was more limited with SR3 because they were reworking the engine.

also lol at the flying controls being better in SR2 that is outright false. The flying controls were god awful in SR2, I still remember how much I hated any mission involving the helicopter because it would frequently flip over and get stuck on objects and I would have to restart the mission because it was impossible to get it righted again. The only time the flying controls worked is if you were in open air with nothing near you.
#9DuMichAuch64Posted 2/17/2013 2:25:50 PM
Flying controls are better in SR2 in 3 a heli handles like a truck . You will notice that they tried to make them so easy that anyone without skill can still handle them and by doing so made flying a heli boring.
---
Dead or Alive Photobucket http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x145/DuMichAuch64/
#10FenrirXIIIPosted 2/17/2013 9:16:07 PM
So...flying. xD Yes it is easier in SR3, that's the entire point of why it was changed. But it feels like it's within it's own procedure controlled physics and not completely part of the game...like there's something artificial about it that isn't 100% in tune with how everything else moves,...hard to say it other than that. In 2, yes you bump into something and you go flying, so stop bumping into something(s). The oppressor will never be beaten for such granular/predictable control it has, by anything in SR3. The drift you get when you stop applying direction on the left stick, the spin with the tail using the bumpers, and don't get me started on this 'not being able to fly upside down' with a plan crap. Yes you can make it turn upside down. Can you turn like that? can you bank like that? does your vehicle have an airspeed which determines weather your plane is going to stall or not? Nope. SR3 has your back. It's gonna make sure you don't crash unless you physically force the aerial vehicle in the direction of something non-squishy or someone shoots you into explodey death. Nevermind that whole physics stuff.

So yes, SR3 flying is much easier and wayyyyy less frustrating, but that wasn't my post's point. My post's point is the lack of immersion, which is an incredibly delicate line of realistic and fantasy. SR3 delved too much into the fantasy and overthetopness and too far away from the realistic gritty that makes you want to get lost in the city of steelport.

Although I do admit I have spent an entire play period while intoxicated inside the hover jet burning zombies continuously. Think I got the kill counter up past 300 ish. kekeke