Why does saints row graphics got to be like this?

#1GeKKoMaN91Posted 3/6/2008 5:06:41 PM

Its TOO colorful and cartoonish. Even though the detail is better in this than GTA4, because its much easier to make graphics like this than GTA4. I prefer a more realistic graphics when you are killing people. Having these kind of graphics make killing civilians not as grusome or satisfying. When you kill someone in saints row, no blood spilled out, no heads poping off. The game was still fun though, but not violently fun.

#2Ronaldinho10RPosted 3/6/2008 5:23:57 PM
man, shut up, it looks like a great game. the first one was so this one has to be better. got it.
#3Biocide69Posted 3/7/2008 7:39:31 AM

The graphics are fine, while GTA has always been about the killing and mehym. Saint's Row seemed more interesting with the story and the dialoge, plus Stillwater seems to be a sunnier place than Liberty City, and what about Vice city, that place was bright and almost cartoonish too. so what are you complaining about.

#4TweakyChiefPosted 3/7/2008 1:12:08 PM
not all games graphics have to be high end realistic. think of graphics like a form of art its all not gonna be the same.
#5GeKKoMaN91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2008 3:23:09 PM
Biocide69 posted...

The graphics are fine, while GTA has always been about the killing and mehym. Saint's Row seemed more interesting with the story and the dialoge, plus Stillwater seems to be a sunnier place than Liberty City, and what about Vice city, that place was bright and almost cartoonish too. so what are you complaining about.

Gta vice city was never cartoonish looking. The graphics were the same as gta liberty city and san andreas graphics. Even though vice city was sunny, thats why vice city is my favorite GTA so far. It captures Florida so perfectly. Saints row graphics looks like they are made out of rubber. The people and things are shiney. I do agree that the shine makes the detail look good. Kust look at the big winter coat that the main character wears in Saints row. There was alot of detail.

In conclusion, I do agree there is more detail on Saints Row than in GTA 4, the environment, such as buildings and lighting looks so much more realistic and better on GTA 4. Just my 2 cents

#6GeKKoMaN91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2008 3:26:19 PM
And GTAs had WAY BETTER story. I hope you were sarcastic when you said saints row story and dialouge were better. Saints rows story was so generic and the dialouge, wait, there was no dialouge for the main character. Everyone elses dialouge were so boring and goes overboard with the ghetto way of talking.
#7gannon69Posted 3/9/2008 4:32:58 AM
GTA vs saints row ftw?
GANNON DIES ALL
#8Igor19877891Posted 3/9/2008 6:46:54 AM

yea, but GTA games after the 3ed one were a bit too long. You get to the point where you stop giving a crap about never ending story.

GeKKoMaN91 posted...
And GTAs had WAY BETTER story. I hope you were sarcastic when you said saints row story and dialouge were better. Saints rows story was so generic and the dialouge, wait, there was no dialouge for the main character. Everyone elses dialouge were so boring and goes overboard with the ghetto way of talking.

#9Iron Chef SpamPosted 3/9/2008 10:28:07 AM
Here's an idea.

Turn down the saturation and contrast levels.

Have you even played the first Saint's Row or do you just base your opinion on what others have said? I have SR and still play it every other day.

The characters in SR act and react more realistically than any GTA and yes I have seen screenshots and vids showing peds in GTA4, and I know everyone keeps hyping euphoria as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but seriously, look at the video of GTA4 where the peds run away during a firefight then look at how the peds react in SR. SR peds will run, climb fences, some will stumble, some will even trip and fall, while other may hide beind objects, curl up in fetal postitions and rock back and forth while muttering things like I don't wanna die." while crying.

Granted when GTA4 comes out, we will see the full gambit of pedestrian reactions, but I suspect like every previous GTA, the peds will all run away arms flailing and screaming which looks hilarious, but is far from the level of detailed realism of SR. I can't wait to see what extra things peds do in SR2.
---
XBL:Epicurean PSN:IronChefSpam. You know you're old when you think, "I'd do mrs. Howell."
#10GeKKoMaN91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2008 5:19:44 PM

Iron_Chef_Spam posted...
Here's an idea.

Turn down the saturation and contrast levels.

Have you even played the first Saint's Row or do you just base your opinion on what others have said? I have SR and still play it every other day.

The characters in SR act and react more realistically than any GTA and yes I have seen screenshots and vids showing peds in GTA4, and I know everyone keeps hyping euphoria as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but seriously, look at the video of GTA4 where the peds run away during a firefight then look at how the peds react in SR. SR peds will run, climb fences, some will stumble, some will even trip and fall, while other may hide beind objects, curl up in fetal postitions and rock back and forth while muttering things like I don't wanna die." while crying.

Granted when GTA4 comes out, we will see the full gambit of pedestrian reactions, but I suspect like every previous GTA, the peds will all run away arms flailing and screaming which looks hilarious, but is far from the level of detailed realism of SR. I can't wait to see what extra things peds do in SR2.
---
XBL:Epicurean PSN:IronChefSpam. You know you're old when you think, "I'd do mrs. Howell."

I never said the graphics were horrible, I just said that the type of graphics that they used doesnt seem to fit the crime killing kind of genre. Its hilarious seeing people fly getting shot from a shottie, but its not violent and grusome. But in GTA, the heads pop off with blood squirting out from the head. That makes the free $tyle crime games the way they are.

Maybe you didnt see my other posts, but I did say Saints Row has better texture and detail than all the GTAs plus GTA 4. But its because its easier to make graphics like Saints Row than making them like in GTA games. And also the map in Saints Row is so small compared to San Andreas, Stillwater was probably the size of one of the cities in GTA SA, maybe just slightly bigger. Since the map is so small, they can focus on improving the graphics which in results better texture and detail.