I sorta feel sorry for this game's launch window

#1NofoundationPosted 3/27/2012 11:09:32 PM
I've not followed enough about it to have an opinion of the quality, but I do know that if they launch in June it'll be really close to Diablo 3, MoP, and most likely GW2 which will hurt any PC title. Plus the advertising/hype for this game is almost non-existent.

I hate to see any MMO launch with the deck stacked against it. I feel like the P2P model already puts them at a disadvantage, how do those loyal to the game feel?
---
Mike B aka Fony is the Rush Limbaugh of the internet, without the fame, money or fanbase
#2KeyhPosted 3/28/2012 5:20:00 AM
I feel that Funcom's reputation and the lack of real marketing is going to do more to hurt the game than the games/xp mentioned.

This comes from someone that has no interested in anything you mentioned though.
---
Xbox GT: Officer Mcfly PSN: OfficerMcFly
Other Tags: Keyh, VD Salad, Teh Omigosh, LMAONAISE
#3holiday1021Posted 3/28/2012 11:23:34 AM
And yet both posts are correct. This game is launching at a poor time when interest in other games is much higher, and those said games will be out or coming out shortly.

And then you have Funcom who isn't exactly rated very high in the developer's circle.
#4midgarPosted 3/29/2012 3:13:23 PM
I'm actually pretty fond of FC, personally.I didn't play AoC long, but I thought it was a good experience,
overall. AO, on the other hand, I've played off and on since it launched and I still love it to this day.

My favorite MMO of all time is from FC. Once you realize no MMO is going to be perfect or even
completely balanced, you can enjoy the game for what it is. Every game they've released has had
a superb story, excellent graphics for it's time, and in AO's case, the best MMO ST I've ever heard.

But, yeah... Dust514 and Planetside will be fighting for my attention, as well. Maybe Firefall, too.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#5valkod23Posted 4/2/2012 8:21:30 PM
midgar posted...
I'm actually pretty fond of FC, personally.I didn't play AoC long, but I thought it was a good experience,
overall. AO, on the other hand, I've played off and on since it launched and I still love it to this day.

My favorite MMO of all time is from FC. Once you realize no MMO is going to be perfect or even
completely balanced, you can enjoy the game for what it is. Every game they've released has had
a superb story, excellent graphics for it's time, and in AO's case, the best MMO ST I've ever heard.

But, yeah... Dust514 and Planetside will be fighting for my attention, as well. Maybe Firefall, too.
Planetside 2, hell yes.
#6BahamutDarkFirePosted 4/2/2012 9:32:58 PM
AoC was an utter disgrace. Knew it the second you left Tortage. It was a few months after launch and the game literally just vanishes once you hit level 20. Lol, nice one, Funcom.

Yeah, I'm likely to skip this just because it's Funcom at the reigns. I've been out good money from their shenanegans and incompetancies once before.
---
"Therein is your error, smoke not the bowl, smoke the contents." - Greendrakkon | A kid complaining he wasn't high after "smoking 2 bowls."
#7holiday1021Posted 4/3/2012 2:34:43 PM
I like Funcom, but sometimes I feel like they are on over their head.

Great ideas (AoC) but poor execution (again AoC). AO wasn't bad though.
#8Mhunter04Posted 4/4/2012 9:44:28 AM
The only game I actually enjoyed from them was The Longest Journey and to an extent Dreamfall. They have great experience in games that contains storytelling but other than that pretty meh.
#9riddlebox13Posted 4/7/2012 9:51:15 PM
GW2 lol
#10sado2020Posted 4/17/2012 10:19:43 AM
I dont think Funcom is focusing on a mass market hit like GW2 their major competition will probaby come from tera
---
3DSFC:3308-4557-3359 XBOX Tag: Snigglesnush PSN: Nubbahead