lol gw2?

#1mjnoir1Posted 4/25/2012 3:52:17 AM
Ppl really expect this to be competition for tsw?....really? Haha tsw will be fine. The gw series is trash.

Cant wait for the preorder beta.
#2Armyboy5Posted 4/29/2012 7:38:14 AM

Umm.. look, I'm a secret world player and fan, but GW2 will crush this game when comparing them together.. It will be a much more professional game and with a MUCH MUCH larger community, I mean look at this forum and at GW2's forum ( on gamespot ofc ). GW2 has 46 pages of topics, here we have one and this one page is less active than their last page..

If you're wondering why I'm still choosing to play this it's because of the setting. the world and no levels

but overall for 95% of gamers GW2 will just be a better game...

#3Armyboy5Posted 4/29/2012 7:45:18 AM

Oh, and GW2 doesn't have a sub fee..

#4TannhauserPosted 4/29/2012 8:20:30 AM
Keep in mind that everyone has heard of GW2 (it is a sequel, after all). How many people have even heard of TSW yet?

And niche MMOs (I.e. not fantasy) have a harder time.
---
"Through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me." -Twin Peaks
#5dmbrandonnPosted 4/29/2012 12:12:17 PM
That beta was ass. :(
#6midgarPosted 4/29/2012 3:00:25 PM
Armyboy5 posted...

Yet, in the end, you'll probably end up paying as much or more than a sub. BTP, etc.

Larger community? Naturally. Better, more professionally done game? Not necessarily. Also,
I'll take a community like TSW's over most, even if it is smaller. AO had, hands down, the
best community of any MMO I've ever played and still does. The players help make the game
what it is as much as anything. In some ways these games aren't even comparable, since
they really cater to very different audiences, and the TSW player base actually seems a bit older
and mature than I've seen around, and I'd like to say that that's partially because of the sub.

Anyway, apples to oranges. I may eventually play both, but TSW will probably be the better game to me, personally...
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#7guinness4lifePosted 4/30/2012 1:28:46 AM
You know how derivative the gameplay of this is of GW1, right? Gear is being used instead of a skilltree.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/12/the-secret-world-preview-no-levels/
#8Orion16Posted 4/30/2012 2:41:47 PM
I enjoyed the beta of gw2. I'll probably enjoy this TSW as well

can't wait for them both to release
---
Xbox Live: stormquiver
PSN: stormquiver
#9guinness4lifePosted 5/3/2012 8:46:04 PM
Orion16 posted...
I enjoyed the beta of gw2. I'll probably enjoy this TSW as well

can't wait for them both to release

I liked the GW2 beta, too. TSW looks fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up and probably holding off on a purchase.

These innovative horror games (Hellgate and Call of Cthulhu instantly come to mind) tend to disappoint and seeing as it's Funcom, well IDK. I really hope it's good though.
#10mjnoir1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 6:08:14 PM
Armyboy5 posted...

there's a reason for that....