The game does have difficulty modes?

#1XCWarriorPosted 1/14/2008 2:20:36 PM
I just went into practice mode for the heck of it, and I noticed under "game setup" that it has modes of difficulty. Does this apply to the whole game or just practice mode? If just practice mode, that stinks, but hopefully they just misplaced this and it is for the whole game.

Does anyone know? I could use some more challenge from the computer, has fun as this game is.
---
Be certain to hold down thy RESET button even as thou dost switch off thy magic box, lest thy journey be lost forever!" -Ultima 2:Quest of the Avatar ~~~Guido
#2XCWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2008 2:28:29 PM
Upon further inspection, I noticed that there are thing to change in season mode, but I'm not allowed to select them. I currently have them on normal, and when I went to exhibition I noticed I could change them to expert, All-Star and one other one.

Can I not change these in the middle of the season? that would stink if it is a no.
---
Be certain to hold down thy RESET button even as thou dost switch off thy magic box, lest thy journey be lost forever!" -Ultima 2:Quest of the Avatar ~~~Guido
#3TheChronoMasterPosted 1/14/2008 5:15:56 PM
You can change settings at the start and end of each season, IIRC.
---
"BK1=BKO just very different" - PNTempest
*seequote*
#4XCWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2008 5:54:59 PM
Well I guess that's better than nothing. Okay... got awhile until the end of the season, but at least now I have more of a reason to keep going. I'm likely to go 161-1, but oh well.
---
#5JGaoPosted 1/14/2008 6:47:26 PM
If you really wanted to, you could just skip to the world series.
You'll owner pts. will drop a ton, but once you win, you'll get them back.
Of course, if you're the Yankees or a team with a ton of high salary success mode players, you'll end up in the negatives if you don't trade away players.

I traded Clemens, Mientkiewicz, Damon, Abreu, Giambi, Matsui, Pavano, Farnsworth, Myers, and some AAA players and got back Jason Bay, Curtis Granderson, Aaron Cook, Chad Billingsley, Troy Tulowitzki, and Damaso Marte. Then, I imported some Success Mode players two bench guys who stink, and some guys I found on these message boards (Ryan Soohoo, Reggie Jackson, Terry Steinbach, Rollie Fingers, and Rickey Henderson). That knocked off 50000 off my total team salary.

My big question is with contract renewal? It asks for salary amount and years. Is the salary amount equal to the yearly salary or total contract salary?
#6XCWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2008 11:07:33 PM
"If you really wanted to, you could just skip to the world series.
You'll owner pts. will drop a ton, but once you win, you'll get them back.
Of course, if you're the Yankees or a team with a ton of high salary success mode players, you'll end up in the negatives if you don't trade away players.

I traded Clemens, Mientkiewicz, Damon, Abreu, Giambi, Matsui, Pavano, Farnsworth, Myers, and some AAA players and got back Jason Bay, Curtis Granderson, Aaron Cook, Chad Billingsley, Troy Tulowitzki, and Damaso Marte. Then, I imported some Success Mode players two bench guys who stink, and some guys I found on these message boards (Ryan Soohoo, Reggie Jackson, Terry Steinbach, Rollie Fingers, and Rickey Henderson). That knocked off 50000 off my total team salary.

My big question is with contract renewal? It asks for salary amount and years. Is the salary amount equal to the yearly salary or total contract salary?"

I'll get it out, lol. I do enjoy the game, though I'm sure I'm going to have some players asking for some ridiculous salaries at the end of the year. Even more reason to play the backups as well.

And I am using the Indians, so looks like right now I should be okay owner pts wise. I might try simming a few games here and there, but much like with Madden, I really like to play everything.
---
#7AlecTrevelyan006Posted 1/15/2008 12:34:36 AM
I beleive you can edit some of it by going into "options" between games and changing the computer's options.

-RAWR WANGKONG
---
Congrats to Explicit Content, who beat me like L-Block beat... well, everybody
#8XCWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:51:10 PM
Unfortunately it is not editable except for sweet spot during the season. I'm plowing through a game or two a day, so when the off-season comes I'll up the ante.

I love how you can get through a game in 35-40 min, even quicker than a game of Madden which is really nice.

If only you could draw walks...
---