Age of empires 4= AOE REMAKE

#1legio1984Posted 5/28/2008 12:41:39 AM

I think that the next aoe will be a remake..Often, in the agecommunity, Sandy petersen( lead designer on rise of rome and warchief) has said: The worls is ready for a new game set in ancient time" !! Sandy petersen loves the roman history and now he is working on an unannounced title and it's not Halo wars.

If the next age will be a remake, i'd like to see new features:

1) New graphic engine( they could use the halowars engine)

2) Realistic naval warfare( do you remember rise and fall civilizations at war?)

3) relistic formations( Greeks and macedonians should use phalanx formations; Romans should use diifferent closed formartions like the " TESTUDO"..)

4) higher pop limit: from 200 to 350-400..Higher poplimit means more strategies and more epic battles

5) New game modality named " Conquest of the empire" ( like in rise of nations, C&C: tiberium wars and Battle for the midlle earth 2.

6) New mercenary units like Cretan archers, mercenary hoplites, barbarian warrios ecc...

#2Kinh-LuyenPosted 6/4/2008 2:12:22 PM

Good Idea and maybe you could put your guys on walls

#3duffy_alePosted 6/17/2008 12:57:37 AM
Great Idea, but maybe add some minor civs like the Celts or the Hebrews. It could be a mix of AoE I & II, meaning that it could start from the bronze age up to about the 500 ac, after the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

---
Beauty is skindeep, but ugliness goes down to the bone.
#4Zerol09Posted 6/22/2008 11:59:20 AM
Well a reboot seems very plausible idea for a new AoE game. Didn't expect a WWII setting anyway or probably futuristic setting taking the battle from beyond Earth. XD

However I feel that AoE games defiantly really needs to stick with historical settings and campaigns instead of the fictionalize campaign in the first two AoE3 games.
#5sc_ajk29Posted 6/23/2008 7:25:39 AM

ES has admitted that this is pure speculation, but if they end up following the picture, that means -yes- AOE4 would be in WWII. That would make sense though, since the World Wars would be the next significant time period after the Colonial Era and the Civil War (AOE3's setting), at least in American history. And if the AOE games are going to go throughout history (the whole point of AOE), they must include the World Wars at some point. There is no doubt about it.

#6Germanico7Posted 6/25/2008 7:04:39 AM
sc_ajk29 posted...

ES has admitted that this is pure speculation, but if they end up following the picture, that means -yes- AOE4 would be in WWII. That would make sense though, since the World Wars would be the next significant time period after the Colonial Era and the Civil War (AOE3's setting), at least in American history. And if the AOE games are going to go throughout history (the whole point of AOE), they must include the World Wars at some point. There is no doubt about it.

as you said, this is only a speculation..I doubt there will be and Aoe set in ww2 because there are a lot of games about this period ( company of heroes, faces of war, men of war, the upcoming " war of leaders: clash of nations", and many fps: call of duty , brothers in arms eccetera)... An Age game set in ww2 could change the gameply and i don't think is a good idea..

So i realy hope that the next title will be set in ancient times

#7angel52Posted 6/30/2008 9:09:52 PM

I hope that as well, theres still much potential left in ancient times.

leave WW2 to the other RTS franchises

#8HadriPosted 7/1/2008 1:52:50 AM
AoE4 wouldn't have to be just about the world wars. The previous games have all covered several hundred years of history, so the next game could easily go from 1850-2000. Gameplay-wise it's plausible. Though I do admit integrating the historical aspect might be a little tricky. The first two were about civilization-building and 3 is all about colonialism, so I guess the fourth would have to cover the collapse of the empires. The campaigns could be interesting, but I'm not sure what skirmish maps they'd use.
---
Somehow I knew it all along.
#9Sir_RaZZoPosted 7/8/2008 10:46:11 PM
I agree. I would much prefer a remake of AOE1 or AOE2, rather than some boring modern setting.
---
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force™
#10sanjeev3Posted 8/8/2008 1:15:05 AM
They dont have to name a remake AOE4, it could even be an anniversary edition of AOE, I would really like to see a remake of AOE from them first and then, when aoe2 graphics become in need of a remake, do so.