Next AOE is remake or WWII?

#1David ChengPosted 5/15/2009 9:53:27 PM
For those who want one or the other, there is already one made by the maker of AOE. The game is called Empires : Dawn of the Modern World. It's 3D like AOE3 which covers Middle Age up to WWII era. Four very different civs for Middle Age to Imperial Age(English, Franks, Chinese, Koreans) & five civs for WWI to WWII (British, French, German, Russian & American).

---
Most anticipated : Dead Rising 2, Red Dead Redemption, Kingdom Under Fire 2, Soul Calibur : Broken Destiny
#2TheLastAvatar05Posted 5/25/2009 11:42:46 AM
Looks like a rip off of Rise of Nations.

---
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
#3Goliath710Posted 5/30/2009 11:47:32 AM
Ensemble Studios doesn't exist....
#4ChaosSamusPosted 5/30/2009 2:07:47 PM
I think going on the same track, AoE IV would start around the time of the American Revolution and end right around the beginning of the 20th Century (ie, right before tanks and planes show up).

There's still alot of content that wasn't covered by AoE III. They only glzed by the Revolutionary War and stopped right before the Civil War, not to mention the Napoleonic War, 1812, etc. It only touched on the Colonial aspects of the time period and not the major conflicts like in the first 2 games.
---
"We, uh figured out how to travel through time at the speed of regular time with plastic bags" - Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse
#5blacksaibotPosted 6/5/2009 1:22:08 PM

ChaosSamus posted...
I think going on the same track, AoE IV would start around the time of the American Revolution and end right around the beginning of the 20th Century (ie, right before tanks and planes show up).

There's still alot of content that wasn't covered by AoE III. They only glzed by the Revolutionary War and stopped right before the Civil War, not to mention the Napoleonic War, 1812, etc. It only touched on the Colonial aspects of the time period and not the major conflicts like in the first 2 games.
---
"We, uh figured out how to travel through time at the speed of regular time with plastic bags" - Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

I don't think people want to see another colinial type game as a full release. They can just make another expansion (but a big one this time) to cover the time span ChaosSamus mentioned.

For all we know, they'll do another Age of Mythology spin-off and make a redo of AOE2 only this time have Medieval folklore/legends/myths (dragons, trolls, etc. etc. etc.) Then after that side-track they'll be out with a fresh AOE IV.

#6blacksaibotPosted 6/5/2009 1:22:47 PM

misspelled Colonial**

#7ninja282828Posted 6/26/2009 1:22:59 PM
i didnt think there was going to be another AoE becaues Ensemble Studios shut down as stated earlier.....? was on g4 i believe
---
Antec 1200, Asus P5q Pro, q6600, 8 gigs A-data, 4870 hd \
#8smurf_killerPosted 7/2/2009 7:28:55 PM

i'm sorry to tell you but there'll be no AoE IV (not that it makes me happy)

#9Chico_AztecaPosted 7/3/2009 12:43:10 AM

i want another Age of Mythology :(