Change home city's level and skill points without farming XP through Skirmish
Game FAQ mods, pls stick this topic, I think it is an useful trick for those who doesn't want to farm XP to get good home city, or those who are tired of farming XP already.
- Browse My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame
- Right click a home city data like 'sp_Tokyo_homecity.xml' or 'sp_England_homecity.xml'. Choose 'Edit', a notepad window will opens
- There you will find something like this:
Note: make a back-up copy of data before editing it, things might go wrong.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<savedhomecity version ="2">
- <name>Tokyo</name> this is home city's name
- <heroname>Ichigo</heroname> this is explorer's name
- <monkname>Renji</monkname> this is a monk's name (Japanese's 2nd Explorer)
- <level>40</level> means your home city's level, edit this to any number you want, your home city will get to that level in game (no skill points awarded though)
- <skillpoints>0</skill points> means your home city's skill points, which are used to unlock shipment, set this to 999 and you will be able to unlock all of shipment
For the people who are more challenged with computers, here is an easier way:
At the start of a skirmish, hit enter and copy and paste this:
Nova & Orion
Do this three times, resign, and begin a new skirmish. Your level will go up exponentially within about 10 minutes.
What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?