South Central Goal Attacks

#1iwondrwhatsnextPosted 3/28/2009 7:59:54 PM
sorry for asking what may be an obvious question, but the wording was ambiguous enough to convince me to seek answers. so, for the GOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!! trophy, do you have to complete all objectives in a race for the trophy?? it seems like you would have to, but i only ask because of the wording. this trophy says, "Finish all South Central Goal Attacks," whereas the True Dedication trophy actually says that every goal for every race must be completed, leaving no room for question or confusion. i know i could just go and find out for myself, since theres only 28 or so of them, but as of yet i havent had time to go through them, and i was just curious to find out so i would know ahead of time for when i have the chance to play. so to anyone thats done this, is the trophy literal, and you just have to ''finish'' them all, which is easy enough, or is it the same requirements as True Dedication, just not explained as clearly?? thanks.
---
ZyaLater - http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/ZyaLater.png
LVL 12, 99%, 1059 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
#291sportsfanPosted 3/29/2009 4:39:30 AM
You would have to complete all 4 challenges for each race. My guess is that 'Finish' and 'Complete' are probably interchangeable
---
PSN: Carbs91
PS3: Burnout Paradise, MC:LA, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
#3JollyRancher71Posted 3/30/2009 1:31:15 PM
You do have to get all goals to "finish" them. Which means you need to complete all 4 goals in one race. I cant even begin to tell you how much easier these are than the origional goal attacks. got through all of the new ones in a couple of hours. spent days on the first ones.
---
PSN - Burnout_Addict71
#4iwondrwhatsnext(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2009 1:58:21 PM
so theyre a good deal easier, huh?? good to hear, i may have to jump back in and go ahead and take those out, so ill have all the DLC trophies, and then my only worry will be the 'true' goal attacks.....

thanks for the responses.
---
LVL 12, 99%, 1059 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
#5iwondrwhatsnext(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2009 3:26:03 PM
ok, so the topic is pretty much closed now, but to anyone who is reading this because maybe they were wondering the same thing, i went ahead and did them and did verify for myself that yes, as 91sportsfan said, the terms are the same, and you have to complete all goals in every race, etc etc. and, much like JollyRancher71 said, they are much easier than i anticipated, and easier than the original disc goal attacks....
except for ONE. 12 hours later, and im still not over this. 27 or 28 goal attacks breezed through with the Ninja, no retries, no problems. and then i get to the last one under ordered races. not the last one on the list, i was skipping around, so it was just a random one somewhere in the middle. not exaggerating, i spent more time on that one goal attack than all of the previous ones in SC combined. it blew my mind. cant remember the name of it right off hand, but it was one with a time limit of 2:44, and it was the one where you are forced through a number of fences, and two separate jumps out of tunnels onto a curved freeway. tried it a few times with the bike, couldnt help but damage out every time, and i didnt even wreck. between all the fences, some that can be driven around, some not, and all of the jumps, it was almost impossible not to exceed 25% damage even when being able to drive carefully due to a huge lead. so i switched to my murcielago, which im not a huge fan of, but seems to come through on this game. well....the fences and jumps didnt hurt anymore, but now i had two more problems to deal with....being inexplicably thrown left or right after the little jumps out of the two tunnels and the car flipping uncontrollably when it landed, and COMPLETELY backwards AI that i wont even go into (i.e. being constanly outrun on straight stretches by a B-class Audi R8 and the underperforming V8 Vantage....right). so after an hour or so of that, i went back to the bike, and got it on the third or fourth try, partly due to riding a perfect line that avoided as many jumps and fences as possible, and the fact that by now i can draw the layout for this particular race with my eyes closed.
---
LVL 12, 99%, 1060 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
#6iwondrwhatsnext(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2009 3:28:45 PM
so i know it seems like im complaining because i had trouble with a little silver trophy. but no, its not that. i dont mind challenging trophies....hell, i platinumed Buzz! (hehe....i know, right??). what i do mind is inconsistency. like having the first 27 goal attacks be a breeze, a cakewalk, but having this one, stuck right in the middle somewhere, be this bad. that proves that it wasnt just me or my lack of ability all of a sudden. i went from 3800 miles driven to 4250.....over 400 miles from these goal attacks, and no doubt that 80% of that was retrying this one race. everything just seems so random in Rockstar games, whether its a spike in difficulty at any given time for no reason, or being outperformed by cars where the numbers just dont...add...up. i love math, stats, and numbers, and i refuse to be outrun by something that simply is not capable of it. that doesnt mean i only want to stick with GT5 or anything, i love these customizable, ''real-life'' racing games. i just want some consistency.

ive had trouble with different parts of different games in my life, everyone has. but something about this one just sticks out. a day later, and it still lingers. yeah, i got the trophy, its over with, i should be fine, but theres just something about this one experience that wont go away, its just too much. and it looks like all of this is leading up to the one statement youve been expecting now, the one thing that so many others before me have said recently.....i am done with Rockstar. they make incredibly fun games, but always find a way to squander the potential, to ruin the experience. so thats it for me, i suppose. i really hope they can convince me otherwise with Red Dead Redemption later this year. thanks for reading all this if you did, and listening to me vent, and feel free to share if you had a similar problem.
---
LVL 12, 99%, 1060 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
#7KubmirPosted 4/1/2009 11:45:50 AM
Honestly, it sounds like you're just taking a wrong path in the race.
Why would they make one race so much harder than all the others?
Maybe you should try something different... there is something you're missing.
#8iwondrwhatsnext(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2009 2:27:19 PM
dude, it was an Ordered race.....as in there is only one, ordered path. and in this particular race, theres very little room to stray. as i explained in my lengthy diatribe, the only chance you have on a bike is to use the little bit of room you do have on a couple of the straight stretches to avoid a few fences and jumps, but other than that, you have no choice about where to go. and if youre not on a bike, well, there were a host of other problems. and if you read everything i wrote, you know that i tried different approaches, different tactics, and different cars. seriously, if someone tries something as many times as i said i did, dont you think they would explore every path possible?? and as far as why would they make one race harder than the others, for some companies, that would be a valid question, but look at the track record of these people, and youll discover there is no good reason, it just is.

so i went back and looked, and its called Out of the River. go do that one, and tell me about all the paths, and how it must have just been me. i get where youre coming from, man, especially since i didnt even include the name of the race in my first posts. so no offense, but the possible causes for my problem you suggested, i promise you it wasnt that. thanks.
---
LVL 12, 99%, 1061 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
#9KubmirPosted 4/1/2009 4:37:14 PM
ok, i'm just saying this because it's my experience on that race. You can take it for what it's worth:

Since I just got South Central a few days ago, I started a new career. I'm about 12% through... so I only have group 2 cars available. I haven't played South Central much at all... I just barely unlocked it. I think i've done one hangout and that's it.... Earlier today, I did 3 goal attacks from the bottom of the list, but thats all Ive done.
I do have 100% on the old LA, its just South Central that's new.

I chose the '07 Monster S4RS.
I installed level 1 Exhaust, nitrous, and tires. I don't have any other parts available.
The target time is 2:48.

On my first run, I took a wrong turn, so I restarted. There's one checkpoint in downtown thats kinda hidden until you drive far enough down the road to see it, so that was my fault.

Second run, I got 2:45 but did about 30% damage. I scraped against he barrier as I came out of the river onto the freeway both times, and a car hit me as well. I beat the time, but didnt clear 2 of the goals.

Third run, I got 2:41:57 and had somewhere around 15% damage.
The only things I hit were the 3-4 fences that can't be avoided on the path I took.
It took me about 10 minutes to boot up the game and clear all the goals for that race, so I will say that I don't think it's too hard.

I can't imagine how easy it would be if I was able to get into a vehicle that drove more than 147mph (top speed of the bike I used with the mods I had on it).

I guess the moral of the story is to just drive clean and steady.
#10iwondrwhatsnext(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2009 7:07:34 PM
thats odd. target time on mine for Out of the River is 2:44. do they adjust the target times based on what class/level vehicle youre driving?? if so, wonder if its easier with the lower class vehicles. in the middle of all my frustration, i actually considered changing to a B- or C-class vehicle, just to see if it was easier, but then i thought, "but i might not beat 2:44 then," not considering that it might be more lenient if i had a different car. so maybe thats part of the key, that some of them are not so bad if you make it easier on yourself, as the game might make it a little easier too with D-, C-, or B-class, hmm. that, and it might be possible that the only bike i kept trying and exceeding damage with, the Ninja, even while running a perfect route is just more fragile than the Ducati models, and takes 25% a lot faster. who knows.

either way, im glad your experience wasnt what mine was, i hope no ones has to be. i wouldnt have complained at all if it was just that i couldnt hack it, but like i said, i did everything i was supposed to, ran the right lines and everything. but something beyond my control always happened, it wasnt that i couldnt beat it. and ill tell you, if theres one thing that gets me fired up on a game, its feeling that something is beyond my control, that im helpless and arent being giving the opportunity to do something about a situation. anyway, congrats on getting through it. i really enjoy the game, even with its hiccups, and look forward to getting those last three trophies one day....
---
LVL 13, 4%, 1070 trophies, platinums: Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Buzz! Quiz TV, Ferrari Challenge, Dead Space, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection