CHECKPOINT Question...

#1darkSIDEechoesPosted 4/13/2009 11:42:47 AM

I see you can pick a checkpoint to start from assuming you got up to that part in the main menu...but if you reload that checkpoint from the menu, does it put you where you were when you HIT THAT CHECKPOINT (keeping items and quests) or is it barebone "this is the location where you start from in the checkpoint with nothing else."

Make sense?

#2HighOnPhazonPosted 4/13/2009 11:43:38 AM
I'd assume bare bones.
---
"GameFaqs message boards ; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."
#3darkSIDEechoes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2009 11:49:37 AM

But has anyone tested this? I want to do Vayla's mission but I seem to be past it, I just entered the Riot Guard thing...I don't want to be here.

#4HighOnPhazonPosted 4/13/2009 11:51:35 AM
If you're worried about Valya's mission, don't.

I forgot to do this as well and was already up to the point where I was controlling the Riot Guard. Once you get past all that crap you can go back to the Mines and explore the whole damn thing if you wish before going back to Jagger.
---
"GameFaqs message boards ; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."
#5darkSIDEechoes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2009 11:55:36 AM

HighOnPhazon posted...
If you're worried about Valya's mission, don't.

I forgot to do this as well and was already up to the point where I was controlling the Riot Guard. Once you get past all that crap you can go back to the Mines and explore the whole damn thing if you wish before going back to Jagger.
---

AWESOME! Thanks! I also want to give back the glasses and blueskins, etc...thanks a lot.

Still like an answer about the checkpoint though.

THanks, man.

#6HighOnPhazonPosted 4/13/2009 11:58:59 AM
You'll be able to get the glasses, most likely the blueskins, all 20 moths if you haven't etc.

However make sure you don't go towards where Jagger wants you to plant the bomb until you are absolutely sure you are done with everything else.
---
#7wapkapletPosted 4/13/2009 12:04:45 PM
In my experience it loads exactly the state you were in when you triggered that checkpoint. Ammo, health, etc.

It's actually kind of annoying in one way, because when I first got to double-max I explored all over, including the work pass area. Now my work pass checkpoint is saved with no side-missions completed or anything. It's basically a mirror of the previous checkpoint, but I'm standing in a different place.

Wish I could manually resave over that one...

But anyway, it's not just a blank slate. It does reflect exactly your progress in the game.
#8Mini KillerPosted 4/13/2009 12:07:14 PM
gives you what you had at that checkpoint, the very first time you got to it.

had to backtrack to redo the blue skins so ive done it myself
---
now kiss & make up. its almost sig worthy........its just, arguments on gamefaqs dont usually have happy endings - p1nk_d34th @ myself and residentevl
#9darkSIDEechoes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2009 1:14:58 PM

Hey...can I still do the blueskins, glasses etc...after turning on the rail-car power part of the game? With the laser beams you have to avoid occasionally?