chronological order

#1ThronedFlame21Posted 4/13/2009 1:34:25 PM

what exactly is the chronological order of the riddick series? more specificallywhere do the games fit in with the movies and animated film?

#2HighOnPhazonPosted 4/13/2009 1:38:49 PM
I believe it goes like this:(I might be wrong about the movies)

Escape from Butcher Bay, Dark Athena, Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick

and yes the games do fit in to a certain extent.
---
"GameFaqs message boards ; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."
#3KLTPZYXMPosted 4/13/2009 1:43:41 PM
Escape From Butcher Bay
Assault on Dark Athena
Pitch Black
Dark Fury
The Chronicles of Riddick

The games include references to the films, although most of them are quite subtle.

*spoilers*

For example, in Pitch Black, Johns complains about an incident where Riddick stabbed him. You get to see this fight happen near the end of Escape From Butcher Bay. The game also includes references to The Chronicles of Riddick (ie. Underverse; New Mecca; UDs; etc.)

Assault on Dark Athena doesn't contain as many spoken references, but it feels heavily inspired by Dark Fury and the first half of TCoR.
#4Mini KillerPosted 4/13/2009 9:23:54 PM
Dark Fury?

Ive only seen Pitch Black and TCoR, was this a movie I somehow missed or what?

Lol sorry for that dumb question but in this case Im dumdfounded.
---
now kiss & make up. its almost sig worthy........its just, arguments on gamefaqs dont usually have happy endings - p1nk_d34th @ myself and residentevl
#5xILLxChronicPosted 4/13/2009 9:26:46 PM
Was Dark Fury the animated one?
---
GT: SerenadeCyanide
"The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him. Abstaining fortune with his brandished steel."
#6Merc123Posted 4/13/2009 9:26:56 PM
Dark Fury was an animated Riddick film i believe.
---
Kefka = Sephiroth
They were both amazing villians. stop whining about who is better.
#7Menace2SocietyPosted 4/13/2009 9:30:23 PM
Its not even a movie more like a single episode ova thats only a half hour
#8KLTPZYXMPosted 4/13/2009 9:37:26 PM
Yeah, it was only about thirty minutes long. It was basically part of the promotion for The Chronicles of Riddick back in 2004. They released Escape From Butcher Bay, a Pitch Black SE dvd, and the animated dvd all around the same time.