Death Daisy questions

#1Nate_McCloudPosted 6/22/2008 9:35:15 AM
I know this has been asked many times before, and I apologize for asking again, but...

Where can I find the Death Daisy? My Sims aren't dying, but it would be nice to have it just in case, you know?

This next question is for the person who asked about cultivating more Death Daisies through farming: Did it work?
---
Yeah, that's right, I'm a Star Fox freak, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
AC:WW Name: Nate; Town Name: Corneria; Friend Code: 5025-7302-5218
#2abler2005Posted 6/22/2008 5:47:00 PM
As for the death daisy, one of the Sim people has to die in order to get it. It will be found on that Sim's grave after they die.

The thing I am not sure about and have yet to try.....is letting my first person I selected to be the leader. you know the one who lands on First Beach on Shipwreck Island that you start with.

Not sure if game is over if that Sim dies. I do know that game is over if you kill off all the Sims available. Done that on an accident. tee hee

As for growing them, not quiet sure if you can, since you have to make a potion to bring the other Sim back to life.

Would be interesting if you could. uhm... I may give that a try. I got a spare death daisy potion just sitting in my inventory. very interesting, but highly unlikeable that you can plant those.

Anyways, hope this helps
#3Nate_McCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2008 7:28:38 PM
Whew! Thanks. I was going nuts looking for it, thinking that I'd missed it somewhere, and that you could only get one in the entire game. This will make the game much easier for me.
---
#4abler2005Posted 6/23/2008 5:54:48 AM
Your welcomed.
#5abler2005Posted 6/23/2008 10:48:49 PM
Okay, Figured out the Death daisy and first Sim thing and killing off Sims. "Spoiler!?!''

Your first Sim that you make and if you chose them to be the leader. When they die, game is not over as long as there is a living Sim present in the game.

Game is over, however when you kill off all the Sims at one time.
Say you made up 6 Sims and you found all but the last two Sims and you kill off these four Sims all at one time on the Airplane Island as I did. The game is over, even though you still have 2 more Sims to find.

How to kill a Sim off -

The only way I found so far is letting all their stats turn red by taking free will off.

Or taking free will off and falling asleep on the game while they are chatting. [ That is how I killed off four Sims at one time. ] But at least I had my game saved so I reloaded it. Cool Game over sign though. Big letters flashing back and forth saying Game over. ;)

But so far, I have yet to of found no instant kill recipe.

As for the Death Daisy itself. -

You were wondering if it can be planted and harvested.

Tried it and the answer is a definite no.

The Death Daisy can only be harvested from the grave of a dead Sim. It is not listed in the plant a sprout listings.

Once you get the death daisy from the grave, you go to the hardwood workbench [ that is what I cart around because you can make everything on it. ], then go into the plans and look for the death daisy potion.

Once you get it made it will show up in the inventory and you use one and then you will have one extra one.

One death daisy makes 2 potions to revive / resurrect your Sim from the grave.
#62-Emo-4-YoohPosted 7/8/2008 8:47:37 PM
if you have two porions...can you resurect one of the skeletons scattered around the islands?
#7abler2005Posted 7/8/2008 11:47:53 PM
That would be very interesting to see a skeleton walking around.

But sadly there is no interaction between the Sims and the skeletons. So no, the death daisy potion will not work on them.

And game is only over if you kill off all the Sims. If you have at least one remaining Sim left, { And game is not over and you have to collect those flowers after mourning at least one at each grave side. Then you can make a mess of those potions. } game is not over.

Plus you can restart the game from your last save point.
#8Nate_McCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2008 10:47:54 PM
Thanks for the info.

And, as for getting a game over...are you saying that as long as there are still living Sims ~that you have found~, the game isn't over, but if all the Sims you've ~found~ have died, then you get a game over even if there are living Sims you ~haven't~ found? Or, do the living Sims have to be in your tribe in order for them to save you from game over?
---
#9abler2005Posted 7/10/2008 3:23:01 AM
I believe you got it.

If you make 6 Sims and still have 2 more to find or even 3 more to find. Then if your first person plus the ones you find all die. Regardless if you still have more to find. ~ Game is over.~

~Game is not over ~ Only if you still have one sim playable alive and is present in the game at the time they all die.

You can kill off up to 5 Sims and not have game over. Just as long as you still have one left and found all of the Sims and got them to join.

But if you kill them all off at one time, no matter how many you made. ~ Game is most definitely over~

~Game is over~ if you only made 2 Sims and you killed them both.

But you can always restart the game from the last save point.

The thing is, you need at least one Sim to survive, in order to pick the Death Daisy flower off those graves and to make the potions to bring any of them back to life. Or just one or two or three.

So far I have yet to of found the instant kill recipe and I doubt that there is one.

Besides, it is not that hard to do and it takes time to kill a Sim off. It takes about a Sim day and a half to get all the moods in the red completely by taking free will off. Then they moan and fall down and die.

And it is best to keep one alive so that you can get the flowers and make the potion.
#10Nate_McCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2008 8:49:11 PM
Thanks again. Now that I've finally seen a Sim death (seriously, never at any point since I first began playing any Sims game have I seen a Sim die--I always freak out when I'm purposely trying to lose a game) and a Game Over, I've decided to never let that happen again. >.>
---