Echoes of the Future Hard Achievement

#1CursedAnubisPosted 7/30/2010 1:53:41 AM
This mission is really starting to piss me off... Getting to the first point near the starting zone is easy, but the other three are coated with detectors as well as brood lords making the colossus and Zeratul easy prey. Can anyone who finished this achievement tell me how they did it? 20 minutes seems impossible without massing units, which is difficult with them bombarding you with increasingly stronger units every 4 minutes or whatever.
---
"Heh heh, asschabs." - Oghren
#2killy666Posted 7/30/2010 1:55:18 AM
i suggest taking the first zerg base asap to build another nexus and build up your economy. With this you'll be able to pump enough units to destroy the opposing force on a much faster rate.
---
My Life Is Sicker Than Your Band.
#3KarmithiusPosted 7/30/2010 3:31:00 AM
Just did this achievement, it seemed pretty daunting, but I managed to cheese it I think.

Zeratul gets fully healed and becomes invulnerable whenever you reach a tendril, which also gives his abilities time to cooldown. In my last attempt I took the east base from the Zerg and I saw that I could blink across the pit to the north if the Observer gave me LOS, so I jumped and blinded the overlord and waited for blink to cooldown, then jumped to the tendril, and then jumped back. Then I started plotting the ways to go from one to the other, finding tiny safe spots on the fringe or just blinding overlords to buy time. Once I figured out I could do this, it took me little longer then 5 minutes.

---
#4CursedAnubis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 4:17:35 AM
Ahh thank you karth that strategy worked out for me, barely. I just turtled in the first area and went up the east side first, came back down, went up and then right to the middle one. Upgrades do help, as well as good timing in blinking
---
#5PFCNydasPosted 8/1/2010 5:35:30 AM

Just did this achievement, it seemed pretty daunting, but I managed to cheese it I think.

Zeratul gets fully healed and becomes invulnerable whenever you reach a tendril, which also gives his abilities time to cooldown. In my last attempt I took the east base from the Zerg and I saw that I could blink across the pit to the north if the Observer gave me LOS, so I jumped and blinded the overlord and waited for blink to cooldown, then jumped to the tendril, and then jumped back. Then I started plotting the ways to go from one to the other, finding tiny safe spots on the fringe or just blinding overlords to buy time. Once I figured out I could do this, it took me little longer then 5 minutes.

Where exactly are you jumping after you get the east one? Im finding NO open spots. Everything is covered by atleast 2-3 detectors.
---
United States Army. OIF 06-07
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/blackcow99/The-Iraq-Door-Breaker.gif
#6CursedAnubis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2010 11:48:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gy_ji5SOOA

I made a video showing the path I took. It's kinda risky since it leaves him very close to death at the end, but who cares, it's the end of the level right? Lol.
---
#7fan360Posted 8/2/2010 5:27:52 PM
Bump