How difficult is SC1 and BW's campaign compared to SC2 on normal?

#1hukeviPosted 8/25/2010 12:20:21 PM
I completed SC2's campaign on normal with all of the normal achievements fairly easily, despite being a terrible player in multiplayer. Before trying to tackle hard mode and the hard achievements, I was wondering how difficult are the SC1 and BW campaigns? I kind of want to know because I hate leaving things half finished and it would be a shame if I could only complete half of it.

So basically, I want you to compare the difficulty between

SC2 Normal Campaign with Achievements
SC2 Hard Campaign without Achievements
SC2 Hard Campaign with Achievements
SC1 Campaign
BW Campaign
---
#2tyler1o1oPosted 8/25/2010 12:21:34 PM
You pretty much ordered them yourself

Easiest
SC2 Normal Campaign with Achievements
SC2 Hard Campaign without Achievements
SC2 Hard Campaign with Achievements
SC1 Campaign
BW Campaign
Hardest
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#3AtnevonPosted 8/25/2010 12:22:08 PM
BW >~ SC2 Hard with > without > SC1 > SC2 Normal
#4SnakeEyes167Posted 8/25/2010 12:23:52 PM
BW's campaign was ridiculous. It started you out decent then later n it's like ridiculous
---
SSFIV [B] Dee Jay mainer | Gamertag: Do it for LULZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-KZOzH4dmQ#t=7m00s I rickroll DSP.
#5Mkilbride2588Posted 8/25/2010 12:25:11 PM
Yeah, they start you out VS 3 full Zerg hives on one missions, and you with just a few SCV's, a few Valkyries, COmmand Center & Starport.
---
"Wizards Third Rule: Letting your emotions control your reason may cause trouble for yourself and those around you."
#6ManadogPosted 8/25/2010 12:37:03 PM
I found the original and broodwar campaigns to be really easy, considerably easier than later brutal sc2 missions, I guess I'm in the minority.
---
Tennessee Titans
#7Sir_AwesomePosted 8/25/2010 12:41:10 PM
The only BW campaign I had problems with was the zerg one, and the last Terran one is sort of challenging at the start, cuz you have to quickly build up defenses to handle the torrasques.

SC2 Brutal>SC2 Hard/Cheeves>BW Zerg>BW Hard W/O Cheeves>Rest of BW>SC1>SC2 normal with or without cheeves..
---
You cannot grasp the true nature of my sig!
#8FrightwolfPosted 8/25/2010 12:41:39 PM
I actually lost missions on SC2 hard. I never lost a BW mission. Ever. BW was difficult in the sense that the computer was trying to stop you from winning, not necessarily trying to "beat" you. But in SC2 hard, I lost several times. Normal's pretty easy, though.

---
"im 29 and think i have aids or hiv and i refuse to get tested but have a clan . leave your gt if you want to be in it" - russdaddy
#9Sir_AwesomePosted 8/25/2010 12:43:38 PM
The comp strives to royally piss you off with their hax0r APM in the first, now they just piss you off.
Turn infinite energy cheat on, take a group of BCs, fly near enemy ghosts, watch what happens.
---
You cannot grasp the true nature of my sig!
#10MMaestroPosted 8/25/2010 12:53:20 PM
SC2 on any difficulty besides Brutal is a joke.

The AI wasn't aggressive in SC1 and BW, but you went up against ridiculous odds especially in the latter missions. SC2 nerfs it horribly by giving the AI a ton of buildings but they never take advantage of them. Its pretty obvious to see if you use the show map cheat and just watch the AI's bases.