Micro tips during battle....attack+move....right click + h spam...?

#1newgirliePosted 9/23/2010 6:31:42 AM
I suck at microing my armies. I've seen people back up their MM balls and stop, back up, stop, back up, stop...does that really help in a battle? What clicks and buttons are they using to do that?
I tend to use attack+move most of the time. Is that a good thing?

Any specific tips for microing an army in a battle?
---
PSN: emi_nj.........WC3: Claude_Debussy........SC2: Emi 660
#2firefdrPosted 9/23/2010 6:33:29 AM
right click + a + left click

repeat

you need to know each unit's attack speed
#3danny5329Posted 9/23/2010 6:34:37 AM
isn't it easier to just right click + H , right click + H ?
#4newgirlie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 6:34:54 AM
So you right click on the ground behind your army, hit a, then left click the unit you want to kill? I don't get it
---
PSN: emi_nj.........WC3: Claude_Debussy........SC2: Emi 660
#5wEiRdO_dUdePosted 9/23/2010 6:38:28 AM
Click behind your army, they will move backwards. Hit H when you want to attack, they will stand still and shoot. After they fire move your army backwards again and repeat as many times as you want. That's the simplest form of what you are looking for.

Congratulations you can micro.
---
Gamertag : "Hey Im Greg"
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Ambrose Bierce
#6danny5329Posted 9/23/2010 6:38:28 AM
no dont do it that way. Right Click + H is much better,

If your mouse have side buttons , bind " H " to one of them, makes life easy.
#7firefdrPosted 9/23/2010 6:40:09 AM
yeah right, right click + h is actually easier
#8Cagalli YulaPosted 9/23/2010 6:42:03 AM
Right click + H? Why not right click + S?
#9WiNGSPANTTPosted 9/23/2010 6:42:46 AM
No.

1. Engage enemy
2. Right click away from enemy, having your units retreat
3. At approximately the time they can attack again, issue an attack-move command by hitting A, Left-Click on the ground near the enemy forces. This will make all units attack the nearest enemy.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until enemy units are dead or, if you have to retreat, just run

The reason you do this is that every unit has a cooldown on its attacks. Say a unit can only attack every 1.5 seconds. If you issue an attack and that's it, it will attack, get hit for 1.5 seconds, attack, get hit, etc.

If you move your units away from the enemy in between attacks, it will force them to chase you, meaning you may not get hit during those 1.5 seconds (because most units can't move and attack at once). This means your units may take less damage and could win due to this.

The reason you shouldn't use HOLD is because some of your units may be out of range, and thus unable to do anything in a hold pattern. If you issue an attack move, they will attempt to engage the enemy for this period.

Keep in mind this will not mitigate a lot of damage against enemy forces that greatly outrange your own forces.

---
Sometimes the winning strategy is the one that gets the most lulz.
TopTierTactics.com: where the top tier starts below the belt.
#10WiNGSPANTTPosted 9/23/2010 6:43:38 AM
Okay, to be fair, Right click + Hold is probably easier at the cost of SLIGHTLY reduced damage dealt, depending on the situation.

---
Sometimes the winning strategy is the one that gets the most lulz.
TopTierTactics.com: where the top tier starts below the belt.