Why am i in silver league?

#1aa151000Posted 5/28/2011 5:57:52 AM

I did the 5 placement matches and lost 4 of them pretty badly. The other one I only won because the other guy quit right at the start, so its hardly a win. And yet I was placed in silver league, dont really so why i'm not in bronze

#2PooiPosted 5/28/2011 6:11:11 AM
i dunno, mb email dustin b?
#3the_rowanPosted 5/28/2011 7:29:50 AM
Why do people care what league they are initially placed in?

Your placement matches use the exact same algorithm as normal matches for matchmaking. Your MMR uncertainty is still through the roof. If you win your next few games you'll be facing diamond players immediately. If you lose them you'll be at the bottom of bronze. There is absolutely no significance in your league placement until like 50 games in, and only then if you aren't improving quickly.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4Jester323Posted 5/28/2011 7:49:58 AM
the_rowan posted...
Why do people care what league they are initially placed in?

Because if they try to post on forums, the response they get is directed at what league they're placed in.
---
*Jester323 e/l/sc
#5icantfindnamePosted 5/28/2011 8:00:29 AM
im jelous....
---
never expand, never surrender
y u so bad?
#6TeraTrickerPosted 5/28/2011 8:34:28 AM
I too lost 4 of my placement matches, and only won 1 (albeit it was an earned win for me).

Got placed into silver, played a couple of more games and lost quite heavily. Then I got demoted to bronze quite quickly. Took a little while to find out how to get around in this game and by now I'm back in silver.

So yeah, just keep on playing, it'll place you where you belong eventually.
---
... My text is ^