Specs for max settings?

• Topic Archived
7 years ago#1
What specs would be required to play at max settings at roughly around 1080p - 1200p resolution? I want to build a new desktop this summer and I wanted it to be able to play StarCraft 2 at its best.
GT: Uber Schwarz
[]Gaming[]> Halo 3, Aliens vs Predator, Mass Effect 1 & 2; []Waiting[]> BF:BC2, Dead Space 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo Reach
7 years ago#2
My computer is about a year and a half old:

Q9550 @ 3.2GHz
GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB
8GB DDR2

And the game recommends that I run everything on Ultra and 1920x1200.

The Ultra settings for this game are actually quite low compared to pretty much every other game that has ever had Ultra settings.
"I'm Batman." - Batman
7 years ago#3
Well for the desktop I was going to build has 4GB DDR3, ATI 5770 1GB, i5 2.6 Ghz. I also wanted to run the same resolution as you. My monitor is 24".
GT: Uber Schwarz
[]Gaming[]> Halo 3, Aliens vs Predator, Mass Effect 1 & 2; []Waiting[]> BF:BC2, Dead Space 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo Reach
7 years ago#4
Would I be able to run this on everything maxed? With no frame rate issues including when the screen is full of units?

Intel Core i3 CPU M330 @ 2.13ghz
ATI Radeon 5650 1gb Video Card
4gb ram
640gb Harddrive

Thanks for the input. Also, to anyone else running the game on maxed settings, what are your specs?
7 years ago#5
Also, my resolution is 1368 x 768.

I'm using a laptop.. ahah.

Thanks.
7 years ago#6
Rule of thumb with Blizzard - they do not make demanding games, all their games are low requirements, more possible sales and broader audience this way...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived