The Galaxy editor is disappointing.

#11MaharobaPosted 4/24/2010 12:21:14 PM
I prefer the SC editor 100x over this one because it was so much simpler.
Of course, I'm glad it's a bit more complex and lets you do so much more, because there will be awesome games that will come out as a result.
---
And then I was like, get the hell out!
#12will98499Posted 4/24/2010 12:23:10 PM

haha, they don't want to spoil too many surprises yet. This is the beta, after all.

I'm sure when the real game is released, they will unlock every single last model that they use in the game, which, will be a lot of models [they have firebats and medics in the campaign]. However, their main goal for the editor is to make it so that they try to fix up any loopholes early and give the community access to the best modding tool publicly available.

But yeah, key focus on "no spoilers" here.

#13will98499Posted 4/24/2010 12:23:52 PM

Maharoba posted...
I prefer the SC editor 100x over this one because it was so much simpler.
Of course, I'm glad it's a bit more complex and lets you do so much more, because there will be awesome games that will come out as a result.
---

Well, this one is a lot more similar to the WC3 one.

#14WindexglowingPosted 4/24/2010 12:28:30 PM
^Not especially. Terrain tools are a lot more complex (let alone painting)
Object editor is totally reworked.
Trigger editor (GUI) uses a different style of syntax that imo takes more work than wc3's GUI.

But yeah, a lot of features are missing most noticeably in the scripting area.
---
i hate it when people quote other people and put it in there sig! ITS EVIL!
back on topic just do not quit. lol. - thespywholied
#15MaharobaPosted 4/24/2010 12:39:37 PM
For the guy talking about the firebat and medic models, if you go onto IGN's site and look at the images of the firebat and medic, they are exactly the same as the maurauder and marine, just different colors. I'm a bit disappointed with that.
---
#16truckingtonPosted 4/24/2010 1:55:04 PM
the editor they gave us is nowhere near finished yet, just give it time
---
Under the twinkle of a fading star...
#17bulldog49Posted 4/24/2010 2:48:42 PM
The videos I've seen involving the medic and the firebat had them appearing very distinct... I tihnk the pictures you saw were old maybe, because the medic definately has a shield sort of thing and is a slightly different color, while the firebad is red with large shoulders
---
ilovebred says: we are all great thrusters < My friend jess on 3 people laying in a hammock
#18kAkEAsHiPosted 4/24/2010 2:54:38 PM
NO WHERE near finished.. i thought the repeating heart looking things in the units would give it away that its nowhere near done.. or maybe how most of them are weird looking pyramids when you place them down...

geez, common sense come on.
---
PSN: iimthomas
#19Metroid07Posted 4/24/2010 3:59:10 PM
I agree with the above posters... I don't think that this iteration of the editor is anything near the final version. I say that mainly when I look at stuff about "Talents." It looks like we'll be able to make hero units using Talents, but these aren't implemented yet (to my knowledge).

However, maybe it's just a familiarity issue, but I think that this editor is way more cumbersome than the one on WC3. It's obviously more complex than SC's, which is great, but all of the new menus throw me for a loop. I like having all of the info about a unit in one place like in WC3 as opposed to having to play with 4 or 5 menus to modify a unit. The trigger editor seems the same way as well.

---
I'm not changing this sig until I find a better one (Started 1-1-04).
#20HellKnightXPosted 4/28/2010 4:50:54 AM
Although the Galaxy editor does have more flexibility than the WC3 editor, the steps that are required to replicate even some of the simplest things takes substantially longer. Some features from WC3's editor were completely removed, but will likely be added in a later version. I'm currently waiting impatiently for the addition some obvious trigger functions as well as destructible trees. Seriously, the trees aren't destructible and don't even have death animations.
---
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.