starcraft 2 lag issue

#1StealthPentaiPosted 5/2/2010 12:45:38 AM
I'm posting here because I've already searched the blizzard forums and couldn't find any solution to this.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

I'm trying to play SC2 but the game lags really bad. Not stuttering lag but the game slows down, kind of like it's going in slow motion, which is basically unplayable.

I have a 2.2ghz intel dual core processor

2 gigs of ram

and an nvidia 9600 gpu

I know it isn't the best set up, but I've seen people play it with worse specs and are able to play the game decently. I can select the lowest settings and it still doesn't have any effect at all. No change whatsoever.

What could it be? :(

PS. I have an extra beta key from the 'invite a friend' thing and I will give it to the person who is able to fix my problem, although I'm sure almost everyone here is already in the beta. :/
#2PasayPosted 5/2/2010 12:47:15 AM
It could be bnet lag that's slowing you down.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Pasay
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/KurikLuna/IMG_0585.jpg
#3StealthPentai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 12:47:35 AM
I should also note that I've updated my drivers to the latest, which didn't show any improvement at all.
#4Super SlashPosted 5/2/2010 1:30:39 AM
Probably Bnet.
#5FlakconPosted 5/2/2010 1:53:53 AM
Most prolly bnet, cos i'm from asia and in all games theres
delay. hopefully the release has some asia servers.
---
PSN: theSkarekro
T6 Main: Kazuya (Berserker/2nd Dan in Arcades)
#6StealthPentai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 2:07:14 AM
It's not delay, it's slow down. Like, everything goes into slow-motion for me and I've even tried playing a 1 on 1 game with my next door neighbor and the same thing happened.
#7K_GuanPosted 5/2/2010 3:42:22 AM
I had the slowdown happen to me once, and that was because my bro was downloading the game onto his computer while i was on BNet. So it could be that you have bad internet or someone is stealing your connection.
#8StealthPentai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 11:48:01 AM
I'm not sure. I don't have this kind of lag in any other online games I play, and I"m connected through a modem, not a router, so no one could be stealing my connection.

It's weird that it only happens to this game, I really want to play it but this slow down is making it unbearable. :/
#9UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/2/2010 12:11:07 PM
Where do you live? It doesn't matter that you're next door to your opponent, if anything that would make it worse because the Battle.net 0.5 architecture is just terribad.
#10StealthPentai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 12:18:58 PM
I live in Texas, but I could play a 1 on 1 random game, 1 on 1 with a friend, or even a 2v2 game and it doesn't make a difference because they all have terrible slowdowns.

Graphics on high / low don't change it at all, even if I lower the resolution.

Updating drivers / rollback / etc didn't change anything either. :/ I'm stuck