Ok seriously. Zerg vs. Mass stalkers

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Ok seriously. Zerg vs. Mass stalkers

User Info: Vorone

Vorone
6 years ago#1
Serious question. Don't say roach because it doesn't work and if you say banelings then I am just going to quit playing zerg in general and join the no talent stalker crowd. And phoenix's are ******** stupid now!

\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ A NEW LEVEL OF
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ CONFIDENCE AND POWER!

User Info: darkaznkrnangel

darkaznkrnangel
6 years ago#2
Speedlings.

User Info: TheStanman6

TheStanman6
6 years ago#3
It's true, Zerg really does need some loving right now. Although I will say a good bunch of Mutalisks or Hydras with a Zergling surround will do wonders against them.

If you can't tech that far, you need more Spine Crawlers.
Still flying...

User Info: _Gladiator_

_Gladiator_
6 years ago#4
Roaches AND Hydras. Maybe later on you could go for ultras?

But you are seriously limiting yourself by not using banelings.
Don't be hatin' on Carmine, hundreds of them die every day to keep your ass safe from pale steroid abusers. - Sic_GloryFades

User Info: DarkLord63

DarkLord63
6 years ago#5
I've found hydras with the range upgrade and speedlings do a pretty good job countering only mass stalkers. If they throw in sentries I've yet to find a really good strategy to counter it. I just hope I can take out the sentries fast enough to have enough units left over to take out the stalkers.
You know you play too much Halo when you hear that there's a flood warning in your area and go straight for the shotgun.-Ireth

User Info: blueinf

blueinf
6 years ago#6
Could you infest a sentry to gain the advantage, the problem is that it is likely to be followed by your infestor being instagibbed.

I was wondering if the few seconds of having a shield of your own would be worth it.
Sickopuppie trying to copy/paste: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944928&topic=45898224

Vorone
6 years ago#7
The main problem is, toss just walls themselves in with photon cannons and starts cranking out stalkers. The is no real way to make an offense threat without losing a bunch of units. I have tried speedlings w/ roach and w/ hydras and even a combo of the two. I tried to deny their expansions but a smart toss will throw down a pylon and build photons after it completes before starting the expansion.

GAH i seriously lose about 9/10s of games against toss.

User Info: beakytoucan

beakytoucan
6 years ago#8
I find roaches will usually do pretty well against stalkers, especially since you should outnumber them by quite a bit considering roaches cost 75/25/1 and stalkers are 125/50/2. I did have one really frustrating match though on incineration zone where I thought I was macroing pretty well and pumped out a ton of roaches and spine crawlers,only to get completely obliterated by stalker pushes over and over again. I'm pretty sure that was mostly due to stalkers having a big advantage in chokes because of their range though. You need an open space to take advantage of your larger number of roaches since their range is terrible.
meh

User Info: gejsiv

gejsiv
6 years ago#9
broodlords.
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.

Vorone
6 years ago#10
Broodlords get slaughtered! Blink pretty much facerolls Mustachiolords
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Ok seriously. Zerg vs. Mass stalkers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived