Ok seriously. Zerg vs. Mass stalkers

#1VoronePosted 5/12/2010 2:02:36 PM
Serious question. Don't say roach because it doesn't work and if you say banelings then I am just going to quit playing zerg in general and join the no talent stalker crowd. And phoenix's are ******** stupid now!

---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ A NEW LEVEL OF
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ CONFIDENCE AND POWER!
#2darkaznkrnangelPosted 5/12/2010 2:06:13 PM
Speedlings.
#3TheStanman6Posted 5/12/2010 2:07:13 PM
It's true, Zerg really does need some loving right now. Although I will say a good bunch of Mutalisks or Hydras with a Zergling surround will do wonders against them.

If you can't tech that far, you need more Spine Crawlers.
---
Still flying...
#4_Gladiator_Posted 5/12/2010 2:07:42 PM
Roaches AND Hydras. Maybe later on you could go for ultras?

But you are seriously limiting yourself by not using banelings.
---
Don't be hatin' on Carmine, hundreds of them die every day to keep your ass safe from pale steroid abusers. - Sic_GloryFades
#5DarkLord63Posted 5/12/2010 2:07:44 PM
I've found hydras with the range upgrade and speedlings do a pretty good job countering only mass stalkers. If they throw in sentries I've yet to find a really good strategy to counter it. I just hope I can take out the sentries fast enough to have enough units left over to take out the stalkers.
---
You know you play too much Halo when you hear that there's a flood warning in your area and go straight for the shotgun.-Ireth
#6blueinfPosted 5/12/2010 2:26:37 PM
Could you infest a sentry to gain the advantage, the problem is that it is likely to be followed by your infestor being instagibbed.

I was wondering if the few seconds of having a shield of your own would be worth it.

---
Sickopuppie trying to copy/paste: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944928&topic=45898224
#7Vorone(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2010 2:26:55 PM
The main problem is, toss just walls themselves in with photon cannons and starts cranking out stalkers. The is no real way to make an offense threat without losing a bunch of units. I have tried speedlings w/ roach and w/ hydras and even a combo of the two. I tried to deny their expansions but a smart toss will throw down a pylon and build photons after it completes before starting the expansion.

GAH i seriously lose about 9/10s of games against toss.
---
#8beakytoucanPosted 5/12/2010 2:31:39 PM
I find roaches will usually do pretty well against stalkers, especially since you should outnumber them by quite a bit considering roaches cost 75/25/1 and stalkers are 125/50/2. I did have one really frustrating match though on incineration zone where I thought I was macroing pretty well and pumped out a ton of roaches and spine crawlers,only to get completely obliterated by stalker pushes over and over again. I'm pretty sure that was mostly due to stalkers having a big advantage in chokes because of their range though. You need an open space to take advantage of your larger number of roaches since their range is terrible.
---
meh
#9gejsivPosted 5/12/2010 2:32:18 PM
broodlords.
---
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.
#10Vorone(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2010 2:48:35 PM
Broodlords get slaughtered! Blink pretty much facerolls Mustachiolords
---