Why are South Koreans so good?

#21tigerex777Posted 7/30/2010 9:41:11 AM

You have a nice gimmick tiger.

what is wast of energy to write all that. Damn bro, I forgot this was gamefaqs, a training ground for future trolls. 9 years here and I still don't get it.
---
Set signature in options page.
#22thirdidtryPosted 7/30/2010 9:53:53 AM
well it all started with the news that a south korean guy was ranked no. 1 in the world like 12 years ago. he became a instant super star and lots of tv programs showed his gameplay, demonstration, and, skills. and soon after there were other korean guys who wanted to become like him and then alot more people started to play starcraft. and also korean tv stations started to holding tournaments and forming game sports teams and it just started to become very, very popular.

koreans have special pride about being korean and the fact that a korean guy was no.1 in the world gave a lot of koreans boost in their pride and helped the events around starcraft grow very fast.

so... that's how starcraft became very popular and people practice starcraft like crazy there. "the national obsession" is a pretty accurate description...
#23xmlztwinsPosted 7/30/2010 9:55:15 AM
theres at least 1 gaming/internet cafe per street over there.
#24thirdidtryPosted 7/30/2010 9:57:12 AM
yea.. ppl camp at the internet cafe and basically live there.
#25CandyookPosted 7/30/2010 10:04:04 AM
as a korean I will tell you why we're good... Back when the game was released korea wasn't too rich and computer gaming was really cheap~~ so all people went to internet,,,, cafe~~ and ;; played muchmuch soso. lots of people play with each other in lan etc and get better and better it is not bilogical..~~ this was before fast internet.
---
I Jessica aka soo yeon <_< so coooool~~
#26FryanklynPosted 7/30/2010 10:25:00 AM
tigerex777 | Posted 7/30/2010 10:41:11 AM | message detail | quote
You have a nice gimmick tiger.

what is wast of energy to write all that. Damn bro, I forgot this was gamefaqs, a training ground for future trolls. 9 years here and I still don't get it.

I appreciated your post :/
But uh yeah, gamefaqs probably isn't the place to bother.
---
If the whales learned how to walk son, it would mean the end of us all.
#27CavenchPosted 7/30/2010 10:36:38 AM
Candyook makes more sense than Tiger

ďI forgot this was gamefaqs, a training ground for future trolls. 9 years here and I still don't get it.Ē

For a Korean, you sure are a slow learner heheh. Btw, it is okay for an assumption to be ignorant; after all, we assume because we donít know better, right? So donít get too upset about it.
#28RD201290(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 2:00:29 PM
biological was a joke btw. Obviously, Koreans are not evolutionarily adapted to be good starcraft players.
---
>=[
#29RussellPosted 7/30/2010 2:04:11 PM
If you can't beat them, join them

I'm marrying me a Korean chick, so my kids are at least destined to be good SC players
---
hi u
#30AppreciateTreesPosted 7/30/2010 2:15:28 PM
Can someone give me a sociological, biological or psychological reason why they can clock 400apm? (that's what I hear) That is 6.6 action per second on average.

Nothing biological obviously, it's only about how much time and dedication you put into playing the game and learning the meta-game. They put more into it than anyone else, that's why their the best. Some people like to say that their born with faster reflexes, or that they have some kind of natural ability towards RTS, but think about how ridiculous a statement that is.